36

Mile.

I miss him...

I miss him every single moment he's away.

Ever since he got back in the modelling and acting industry we've been rarely seeing each other.

Mipo and Phoenix are growing up so quickly and soon they'll be teenagers.

I had no choice but to be happy for him..he had endured so much that he deserves to be happy and do his own thing.

"Baby..do you want me to come pick you up?''

He comes back home late nowadays..I tried talking to the managers about it and I swear they said they would fix his schedule.

It led to a major misunderstanding between him and I and finally I gave in.

"It's ok P'Mile we're almost done and the limos will drop us off,''

That wasn't the only day though..I rarely see my husband these days and it's driving me crazy.

Anytime he got home he was really exhausted and I didn't want to be selfish and keep him awake.. so I let him take a shower.. eat and rest.

He always left a note everytime he woke up in the morning saying that he had to leave early.

"Dad..I miss papa,''Phoenix said as him and Mipo sat beside me on the bed.

I put my arms around them pulling them closer.

"I'm sure papa misses you too ok?now just be patient for a while he will be back,''

"Do you miss him too?''Mipo asked and I nodded in reply.

"Ok kids enough sulking.. you'll get to spend time with him today remember he promised to take you out today?''

I had an important meeting later and there was no way I'd carry Mipo and Phoenix along.

Art will be busy too and he's the only one I trust with my kids.

Not that it's that big of a deal..atleast not to him but it was our anniversary.

I wish he could've taken a leave from work to spend time with me but as I said..I don't want to be selfish or maybe he just forgot.

I decided that I would get him some flowers either way.

After breakfast the kids and I took a walk around and they helped me to pick the flowers and a little present for him.

"Dad why can't I get flowers too?''Phoenix whined.

"Get your own partner..I'm not sharing mine,''I replied and he sticked his tongue at me.

"Come on guys...let's get back before I run late,''

He wasn't back home yet so I put the gifts on his tableside and locked the door.

"Mipo make sure your brother doesn't cause any trouble,''I said and Mipo nodded her head while phoenix just rolled his eyes.

"What time is papa getting here?''Phoenix whined yet again.

"Why are you whining so much..am I not good enough of company to you?''

"You are but I've had better..like Papa,''

"Ok ok stop bragging already,''

I was running late and he still wasn't back.

I called him but his line was busy.

"Fuck,''I cursed under my breath as I checked the watch again.

"Hi P'Mile I'm sorry but I really can't make it I'm pretty held up,''

He replied through text and I groaned in frustration.

I've been taking the kids with me for over 2 months..what's a day more am I right?

I just wished he didn't raise my hopes like that but now I had to fit the kids in my schedule too.

"Promise daddy that both of you are going to behave,''I said sternly and the nodded in reply.

Was I too selfish for always wanting him by my side only?

I felt like an incomplete puzzle when he wasn't beside me.

I could try to run but it would be useless..he is to blame..just one hit of him and I knew I'd never be the same.

It was an obsession.

"Sorry for being late,''I apologized as I took a seat at the meeting table.

The clients didn't seem to mind but ofcourse Kyle Heeves had to stir something up.

"Apo's not with you today?''

If only looks could kill..I was already in a bad mood as it was.

"And why the fuck would he be here?I usually come here everyday without him because you know he doesn't work here but today you just had to test my patience didn't you?''

"Woah man I was just joking calm down,''he said raising his hands in defeat.

"Now does anyone else have a question?''I asked and everyone shook their heads quickly.

"Good now let's hurry this up I need to get home,''

Good thing the receptionist wasn't busy so she agreed to watch Mipo and Phoenix.

"Thank you and I'm sorry everyone..Mr Phakphum is just in a bad mood,''Art said after as we gathered our things.

The clients seemed to understand but I just wished Kyle would shut up for once in his life.

"What has got you so worked up bro?...who knows I may even be able to help''

"Nosy,''

"You know Mile...there's a time we used to be friends and we both know we'll be working together for a long time so we might as well be friends,''

I was fed up with his bullshit.

"I stopped being friends with you the moment you tried to steal Apo away from me..I hope you're listening very carefully because if you as much as lay a finger on him I will not be responsible for what I'll do next,''

"You mean the same Apo who has suddenly forgotten about you?''

"Do not cross the lines I'm warning you Kyle..a d from now on just stay the fuck away from me,''I replied and left.

I knew Apo well..he wouldn't do something like that right?he loves me so much..he said it himself right?

I hated overthinking because the conclusion is always stories we force ourselves to believe and not the actual truth.

1015.