34

Mile.

"Dad...how long do we have to wait?''asked an impatient phoenix.

He was restless the whole morning and he didn't even take breakfast properly.

"Phoenix..if your papa knows about this he'll never allow you to come along again,''

He was far beyond saving..he was too excited for this that not even my scoldings could get in his head at the moment.

I sighed tiredly and got up.

"Mipo keep an eye on him I'll be back..I'm going to figure out what's taking so long ok?''

She nodded and put her book aside.

Even with a free break on her hand yet she still spent it studying.

I flashed my card at the entrance and they let me in.

Apo was pacing all over the room.

"Baby..''

"P'Mile..''

He rushed towards me and hugged me tightly.

I ran a comforting hand down his back and he buried his face in the crook of my neck.

"What's wrong Apo? we are all waiting for you,''

He pulled back.

"P'Mile...my outfit is running late..my makeup artist isn't here yet..the accessories are misplaced..wait where are the kids? Are they ok and did you guys take breakfast?''he asked all at once.

"Honey calm down ok?one thought at a time..you still have three hours to the show remember?''

I pointed at his schedule.

It was postponed to later.

"Oh..right..there's still a bit of time,''

"A bit? three hours sounds like enough to me don't you think?''

His nerves seemed to have stabilized and he went back to his chair.

I followed closely behind and wrapped my arms around him gently  resting my chin on his head.

"You didn't answer my question Mile,''

"Ohoo honey..I'm glad you could think of us at your worst moment..but don't worry too much my angel..I handled everything,''

He turned back to face me.

"Who's your angel?''

"You may not have wings and all but you're still an angel Nattawin..I mean look at you,''

"Stop gaslighting me you'll make me overconfident out there,''

"Apo you don't understand..with you there's no such thing as "over'' because everything fits you so perfectly.

He shook his head laughing.

"How did the guards let you pass? shouldn't you be on the spectators side?''