Chapter Thirty Eight- Its going to be okay

We had been at Wrens new apartment for an hour, going over and over what happened. Olympia was upset, Wren was the same, and I was trying to be the voice of reason amongst it all.

"Camilla is from a family who are against the lifestyle and the identity of the man she loves, and his family too. It must be incredibly hard for her to also be stuck in the middle of it all" I tried to say, taking the middle ground and offering my thoughts with no judgements either side. "She told us she loves him, and she knows he is a trans man. She loves him and wants to be with him Wren. Imagine falling for someone who nobody in your family will accept. Is that not what happened to Willa?" I ask.

Wren stands and begins to pace across her small living room "In a way. Not quite the same"

Wrens house mates were luckily all out. She had been doing this a lot, pacing and thinking, crying and talking. She was so heartbroken. She had never meant to come across so harsh with Camilla, and now she felt like she had destroyed her trust with Cameron.

"I've spent my whole life with Cam" she tells me for the fifth time "my whole life Mills"

"I know" I say softly.

"Wren stop pacing...you are making me dizzy" Olympia asked.

Wren stopped and sat down, slumping next to Olympia who pulled her in for a hug.

"I don't remember a time I didn't worry about him" she says "it comes from a place of love. I want my best friend to be safe, and to be loved"

"We all do" Olympia soothed "we just need to talk to him and explain what happened"

The buzzer on the front door went, and we all looked toward it. "Expecting anyone" I asked.

Wren shook her head "no"

I stood up and padded over to the door. There was a little display that when pressed, revealed a visual of the person on the stoop below. There on the fuzzy little screen was Camilla.

I hesitated for a moment, and then buzzed her up.

"Who is it" Wren asked.

I reached for the door as I heard her approach "Just be calm" I plead.

I unlatched the door, and opened it. Camilla looked apologetic "Millie.. hi"

Wren stood up at the sound of her voice, and came over "what are you doing here" she asked with surprise.

I opened the door wider and gestured for Camilla to come inside, she did, hesitantly.

She lifted her hand to wave awkwardly as she spotted Olympia on the couch. "Olympia... Wren" she greeted "I'm sorry to show up like this. I found your address in your texts to Cameron"

"Why are you here" Wren repeated.

Camilla looked nervous, and she pointed at the couch "could we all sit" she asked "I just want us to talk"

"Of course" I replied in place of Wren, knowing how stubborn she could be. "Take a seat"

We all moved to the couches and sat down. Olympia was quieter than I'd ever seen her, but she watched and observed Camilla closely. Wren sat on the arm of the chair, keeping herself at a distance.

Camilla fidgeted with her hands on her lap, she was clearly very nervous. "I'm sorry about my Mom" she said, breaking the awkward silence.

"She's a piece of work" Olympia replied.

Camilla nodded "I know. I get so anxious whenever she wants to meet my friends. I never know what she's going to say. I apologise for everything she said"