Bonus Chapter- Three

Three years later

I've been pretty much incapacitated for a month now, laid out on the couch most days, or as Veda sweetly described, beached. If I'm being honest with you, I was also frequently found hand deep in a chip bag. Wren thinks calling the baby, chip, or potato, is at this point probably a pretty accurate description, for a baby fuelled and grown by them. I prefer Idaho, the birthplace of the spud, but our chosen names would do, Alba for a girl, and Theodore for a boy. There was also a couple of gender neutral names in our back pockets, depending which way this swayed.

There would be no ghoulish gender reveal, we didn't like the concept, not of accidentally blowing ourselves up, or chocking on smoke bombs with a blue or pink theme, nor the idea that it mattered what the gender was. Our baby was healthy, and that's all that mattered, created in June on our second frozen embryo transfer. The first egg transfer yielded a negative result, and a couple of deflated hearts. This second transfer though, it was our time. I keep saying baby, it's a habit, because most people have the one, but there are two in my belly... hence why I'm beached.

Twins.

I was currently surrounded by five fluffy tabby's, the three ginger wingers from Normans Illicit encounters, Muffin who was here on her holidays whilst Kate was vacationing, and Norman himself. Apparently getting pregnant makes you a cat magnet. If you've ever seen home alone, imagine the pigeon lady, but with cats. That's a pretty accurate visual representation of how I looked on this couch right now. Homeless, unkempt (to my Mothers horror) and a little scary on first glance.

My cell rang. I paused Days on the TV, and hunted for the cell down the side of me on the couch, my ginormous stomach getting in my way. Éxi, Októ, Éna, Norman, and Muffin scattered to the wind with their contempt at being uprooted written all over their pointy nosed, whiskered faces.

I found the cell, and clicked to answer "Babe" Came Wrens voice down the line "you okay" she asked a little worried.

I rolled back to my side "I feel like I've carried these babies long enough, it's your turn"

Wrens voice softened to my whining, a smile obvious in her tone "Mills... you've got two weeks left. You've got this my love"

"Two weeks in the third trimester of a twin pregnancy, is two years Wren. Come home and take them for like a week. We can split it" I whined pathetically.

"I wish I could" Wren replied lovingly "I'll go next I promise"

I exhaled deeply, feeling the weight of the babies squishing my organs as I did so. "I know... I'm sorry. I'm a little Whiney today"

"And you've earned every second of that. Now is my Mom there?! She said her and LaLa were heading over to do some chores for us to get the reno work a little tidier for when we bring the babies home"

I tried to sit up, failed, and pushed myself up a second time, enough that I could see Willa and Teddy in the back, finishing installing the island in our kitchen. "Yep, they came an hour or so ago. Allie too, she's gone out to get groceries so that she can make me lunch. She said that she would prefer her first great grandchildren not come out as seasoned potato chips'

"Huh" Wren teased "why not. I love Potatoes"

I smiled, she had finally lifted the gloom I was in "I miss you"

"I miss you too. I can't believe preseason is almost done. We look strong for this next one. Ol Reign were a little shaky in their last game"

"I was thinking" I Interject "I'd love to come watch this one last game... before I'm too big to leave the house"