Book 3: A Kingdom of Roses and Magic - Chapter 111

Author Note: The update is one chapter every Saturday. This book/installment has a lot of steamy scenes (so much so that some readers complain that it's too much). If you don't like steam in romance, then this book is not for you. If you're into reverse harem steam, then dive right in and enjoy. ^^

A Kingdom of Roses and Magic

One girl. Seven sexy demon lords with dark, sinister powers. An unexpected detour to a beautiful kingdom of roses and magic. What could possibly go wrong?

My name is Alfie, a girl who is magically transported to the Aurora Realm and taken in by seven demon lords who rule the kingdom of Acaedien.

After I discovered that I have strong pure qi—one of the three most powerful and rare types—stirred a bit of trouble that almost led to the destruction of a whole city, and acquired boyfriends with dark, sinister qi, my new companions and I are now on a journey to the Wulin Kingdom for the realm's international conference. Then, the unexpected happens.

Now my body's physiology is changing, and among these changes is the production of qi nectar, which has an overwhelmingly sweet scent that can drive demons mad.

Making a pit stop to erase the unwelcome sweet scent is top priority, and we land in the Forbidden Forest, a beautiful kingdom of roses and magic.

Need I mention that in the background, those who hunger for my power are hot on my heels and hunting me down?

2000 Years Ago

The Forbidden Forest Kingdom, Aurora Realm

Eri Hoshi, the Great White Sage of Yamato, watched as eight Great Ones, all fair beauties of the Aurora Realm, filed up the stepping stones toward the platform above. Her eyes—bloodshot and red from her lack of sleep for these past months—shifted to the one leading, Yuki Hoshi of Yamato, her eldest daughter whom she had created from the dust particles of snow, using her magic.

Yuki's long dark hair fluttered elegantly in the gentle breeze as she regally led the other seven Great Ones to their sacrifice.

Behind Yuki was Akari, Eri's second daughter, whom the sage forged from the dust particles of an inferno of fire. Like Yuki, the blond-haired, newly wedded beauty Akari walked up the stone stairs regally, knowing very well that soon she—along with the other seven Great Ones—would be no more. Their physical bodies would be disintegrated once they released their qi cores from within their beings.

As she followed her older sister, Akari thought of Maximus, her husband of three days, the man she loved with all her heart, the man she was willing to sacrifice her life for.

This is for him and his world.

Right at this moment, she knew he was somewhere in the north at the edge of what was left of the Aurora Realm, doing his utter best with his dark power to form a shield to protect this world from its own destruction.