Book 2: Seven Devils and a Rose - Chapter 100

It wasn't long before I found myself in the middle of the room and Aria in front of me. She told me to close my eyes, which I did, and then she placed her palms at my temples.

Standing behind Aria was Lord Noah, who cast an orb around us. Apparently, this magic orb would, in turn, project three-dimensional images of my memories for everyone to see, almost like a movie.

Aria started releasing her blue qi and began to raid my mind. Oddly enough, this time I didn't feel dazed like the last. Perhaps because of my strong pure qi.

In an instant, Aria got through, and just like that, a movie-like motion picture was shown in the room.

There, every image was through my eyes, starting with me finishing my end-of-year exams.

I was sitting in a hall filled with other students, obviously dressed in modern-day clothes, looking damned tired and stressed out. Then the film moved to me in my small bedroom, packing up. The next was me at the airport with thousands of other travelers. Then going through checkpoint, boarding the plane, and taking off.

"Wow!" Brenna uttered in awe.

After that, it was me disembarking the plane, along with throngs of other people, to get my luggage. I found Mom and Dad, who were picking me up at the arrival area.

I gave them big hugs, tears in my eyes. Then Dad drove us to the dock where we boarded the ferry.

From my point of view, I gazed out at the ocean, which was beautiful and refreshing.

"That's the sea, isn't it?" Leona asked. She sounded both awed and sad at the same time.

In the distance, there were dolphins, and I laughed, clapping my hands and telling Mom and Dad to look at how beautiful they were. Then I took out my cell phone and started taking pictures of the creatures.

The next image was of me and my parents arriving on St. James Island and Dad driving us home to the manor. There, I stared at the manor in that projection as if I were seeing it for the first time. I noticed that around the area of that estate were those glowing lines, like veins on the ground.

"Holy shit!" Lord Ethan said.

"Qi veins?" Caleb asked, as if in astonishment. "On another world?"

Qi veins? What are those?

Back on the projection, everyone saw that as I entered the estate, the qi veins flickered as if someone powerful had come into contact with it.

Felix said, "It reacted to Alfie's qi."

Lord Noah nodded.

We continued watching.

Then it was me just exploring the manor and St. James Island itself. The scene after that was of me meeting the guests and then having dinner. Then it was at the salon that afternoon, having my hair cut and a beauty treatment.

Felix said, "So you had your hair cut, then?"

I couldn't reply because Aria was still using her magic on me.

In the projection, I was back at St. James Manor and helping Mom cook. Then we were having dinner and talking to the guests. After, I was at the bathhouse, picking up that necklace, and the aurora light appeared. I went through the barrier and travelled through space and time and ended up in another hot spring pool. I was being chased by none other than Felix, Caleb, and their men, of course.

Finally, Felix said, "That's enough now."

Aria released me, and I relaxed back on the seat.

I said then, "I don't know how or why I ended up here. It's all very strange. Did the Aurora barrier just happen to open its door there in the pool at that time? Or does the necklace have something to do with it?"