Book 3: A Kingdom of Roses and Magic - Chapter 126

When I woke, it was to an unbearable heat that made my head spin in a daze. I was shaken and felt breathless and out of sorts, my body sweating like a pig.

I wondered what was wrong with me. Surely, the dream I had moments ago had nothing to do with me having this heated symptom, right? Surely, when the orb—or I—was blasted by that dark power...

I shook my head, refusing to think the cute orb named Stardust had died because...

Shit! My body was shaking severely, both from the unpleasant experience I felt from the dream and something else. I felt like I was actually very sick with a fever.

I honestly did not remember feeling anything like this when I used to get a fever from stress or exhaustion back on Earth.

I wiped perspiration from my forehead and neck. Lord, but my hands were shaking.

Thirsty. I felt so damn thirsty that I swore, if I couldn't get a drop of water soon, I'd probably die.

I shoved the sheet away from me and then dropped my feet to the floor.

The moment I stood, I nearly fell, and I would have if I hadn't happened to catch myself in time. Good Lord, but my legs felt like jelly.

Then I realized how unbearably uncomfortable I felt in this clothing. I felt like the material of the satin blouse and cotton pants were rough against my skin. God, I wanted these off me now.

Once I managed to stand on my feet without falling to my knees, I staggered toward the bathing chamber attached to the bedroom. There, I stripped myself naked and headed into the shower cubicle.

Hands shaking, I turned on the shower and allowed the cold water to spray on me, which felt like heaven.

I stayed there for a while, standing under the water, my clothes soaking wet. When I felt a little better, with the heat easing, I took off my clothes—my hands weak and shaky—until I was naked. Then about fifteen minutes later, once my body had cooled, I turned off the shower, got out, and wrapped a towel around me.

Back in the bedroom, I searched my magic luggage for something light to wear. I found a silk pajama shirt, which would be a relief for my sensitive skin. After putting on a pair of undies, I slipped on the shirt. I didn't bother with pajama pants since I was just too exhausted.

After taking a good sip of some water Ruth had left on the bedside table, I crawled into bed again. I didn't get very far with my attempt at sleeping, having found my eyes fluttering open again to the same unbearable heat sometime later. I groaned in dread as I wiped perspiration from my forehead and neck, feeling hot, stuffy, and...achy.

God, but my breasts were supersensitive, the likes of which I had never felt before. I touched my hand to the flesh, wondering why I was like this.

The moment I felt myself, a groan escaped my lips, and my body shivered and squirmed, with the heat soaring throughout my body even more.

What is happening?

My breasts felt hard and sore, and my body was sweating so much that the blouse was soaked with my perspiration.

I sat upright. Then I undid the buttons of the blouse to ease the heat. As I was doing this, I noticed small secretions of clear, glowing liquid exuding from my nipples. I stared at it, shocked.

What. The. Fucking. Hell?

Panicked, I shoved the bedsheet away from me and struggled out of bed. Feet on the floor, I intended to head over to the bathroom to check myself out but found my legs felt like jelly, and I stumbled.

Sprawling on the floor, I groaned as my body shook uncontrollably, heat scorching through every cell of my being. My breasts, which were leaking with glowing liquid, became more sensitive at even the slightest touch. I felt that my pussy, too, was burning with need.

Then I knew what was wrong with me.

I'm in heat.

My body was secreting qi nectar. But I thought Geoffrey had gotten rid of it last week. Furthermore, I had been taking my pills regularly, so what was going on?

I raised myself to a sitting position, my legs underneath me as I rested my forehead against the side of the bed.

I touched myself down there, because it was begging me to, so achy it was, and I felt its wetness. I knew instantly it was qi nectar too.

I licked my dry lips, wondering if I should go and find help. I wanted to make a move but found I didn't have the strength to. My head was in such a daze that I couldn't even think clearly or see straight.

Weak, in heat, and out of sorts, I stayed there, praying for someone to come in and just relieve me of this unbearable torture.