Book 2: Seven Devils and a Rose - Chapter 80

I felt dazed at the mere sight of Caleb, who was in his birthday suit no less. God, he looked hot and just so alluring that I found it hard to breathe, especially with him standing this close to me. I noted that his skin—which was adorned with awesome battle scars—was so smooth and firm that I simply wanted to run my fingers across his flesh, caressing those marks.

I licked my lips, my brain in a jumble as I continued to gaze at his massive chest inches from me. I somehow managed to utter his name softly, as if in an erotic dream or something. "Caleb?"

Caleb touched my chin and tilted my face up. He asked, "Are you all right?"

It was only then that I realized he was worried about me and my well-being. Good lord, I was so awestruck by his naked sexiness that I hadn't been able to register what he was asking me about earlier.

I said, "Yes, I'm fine. Thank you for asking."

"You obviously aren't fine." I heard Felix's voice from my left, which duly drew my undivided attention to him.

The man was in the hot spring pool, resting back lazily against a boulder, his dark-brown hair wet and clinging to his face like a lover. He, too, was intensely sexy, with his muscular body also branded with battle scars. Oddly enough, the sight of him made my tummy flutter deliciously.

"Aaron, you were supposed to politely invite Alfie, not ensnare him and haul him over your shoulder like an escaped prisoner."

Really? This coming from Felix? Not ensnare him and haul him over your shoulder like an escaped prisoner? Had he forgotten that he had done that exact thing only a mere couple of weeks ago, back in the woods when I had first entered this realm accidentally?

He turned to me and said, "He was supposed to invite you to join us, darling."

I cocked my head to one side. "Invite me? For what?"

Across the pool, Lord Geoffrey said, "Our bath, love. Would you like to join us?"

I flicked my gaze to Lord Geoffrey, and to say that the sight of him nearly knocked the wind out of me was an understatement. The man was gorgeous and alluringly sensual with his blond ponytail damp and his muscular body, which also carried battle scars, dripping wet with water.

I said, "I've already had my bath for today, my lord, and I don't want another. But thank you for inviting me." I even saluted to show them how grateful I was for this unwelcome invitation.

Lord Victor said, "You know, being invited to join us is an honor, Alfie. It's a once in a blue moon chance. Are you sure you want to let the opportunity pass by?"

Without hesitation, I said, "I'm absolutely sure about that, my lord." With that, I turned on my heel, doing my utter best not to drool over six sexy naked men in the hot spring pool.

I was just taking one step toward the exit, my escape route, when a muscular naked body appeared in front of me and a half-masked face was only inches from me. I jumped at the sudden appearance of Lord Ethan.

The man looked at me closely, as if he were inspecting a piece of very fine jewelry before making an offer or something. He said, "Hmm... I don't see any signs or symbols."

I frowned, perplexed as to what he was on about. "Excuse me?"

Lord Noah said, "This is going to go around in circles like an endless loop. We'll get straight to the point and tell Alfie what we're after."

To my right, Aaron said, "I agree."

My interest was caught immediately, and I asked, "What are you after, my lord? Is this the reason you've invited me to join you in this bath?"