Chapter 4: Magic

Warning: swears, disease, blood, coughing blood, mentions of knives, sadistic behavior.
__________________________________

Magic was around years ago. But it was sealed away from the humans for safety.

But what exactly is Magic? Well... it's energy!

Energy that is formed from mother natures tears that spill from parts of the Forest.
The creatures there all come from the magic tears! That's why they need to be around it!

The tears are found in deep underground caves that are hard to find.
It's what keeps to plants and creatures alive in the forest!

But recently.... The nature in the forest has been dying....

Reports of decaying trees and sick creatures have been growing... some people have been having trouble with doing magic.
And then... the decaying disease.....

Witches are losing their magic, the more they use it. It becomes worse and worse to the point of where it can potentially kill you if you cast a spell.

It's been revealed why this is happening.

Apparently, some bastard decided that working hard to learn was stupid so he created staff's that suck magic from the ground and makes magic for you!

"What a pain!" Jessica, the most powerful witch in the Enchanted Forest, thought it was stupid.
Azure, a little blue fairy flew in front of Jessica and started to gesture at a string.

"I know Azure! People just don't understand what real hard work is!" Jess takes off her hood, letting her long, messy, pink hair down.

"And that old man's just pissed cause I'm eating from his garden all the time." She ranted, "I mean, if you not gonna eat them fresh then give them to me! I deserve it after all!".

Azure flies closer to Jessica's bright blue eyes to get his attention, "I know right?! You know, sometimes I think we really understand each other!" Jess smiled, "We're like that one guy!".

Azure rolls his eyes, "Speaking of me, they want me to- Holy shit!" Jessica stopped when she approached an area covered of yellow glowing strings.

"Puppeteer! Azure! Why didn't you tell me you slow ass?!" Jessica summons her staff and throws it into the air.

"Come on! We gotta go get that Hunter guy!" She shouts.

__________________________________

"What in the...." Jake saw a bunch of creature tied up in strings, "Did we stumble into a cult?" He questioned.

"Not a cult, I've seen strings like this.... A Creepypasta is near..." David says, "The killers?" Jake asked.
"Jeff could be awake by now...." David puts a hand on his chin.

"Thanks for making me feel safe." Jake says sarcastically, "It's not a problem." David responds.

"I still can't believe you shot Jeff the Killer! The most feared man in Urban Lane!" Jake laughed, "Oh god we're gonna die..." he muttered.

"Don't touch the strings!" David pulls Jake away from them, "It'll cut through your skin...." He says.

Jake groaned, "We'll be safe in the forest!" He mocked (M/c).
The two walked some more before they heard.... Crying?....

"Someone's crying..." David listened.

"No shit...." Jake listened closely and heard where it was coming from....
"This way!" He pointed.

"It's so soft... you could barely hear it." David fallowed Jake, "Well, when you can see ghosts, it's a bit hard to ignore their whispers." Jake laughed it off.