Chapter 16: Hunters vs killers

Warning: swears, mentions of death, family issues, mentions of cults, blood, a little gore.
__________________________________

One year ago....

"Oh! Hello!..... Do you... need..." (M/c) stood at the front door, they were a little surprised to see the two hunters here....

"Is Chris home?" The hunter named Jay asked.

"Yes ma'am.... Is something wrong? Is my Dad okay?" (M/c) felt their heart drop when the other hunter named Nate had shifted uncomfortably.

"He's.... Okay..... right?"

Present....

(M/c) sat up, their head felt like it was gonna explode....
They rubbed their head and looked over, screaming at the top of their lungs as a creature with a rainbow suit stood beside them.

It jumped on all fours like a doggy and crawled under the large bed (M/c) woke up in.

"(M/c)!" Chris ran into the room.
"Bake! We talked about this!" Carnival ran over and tried to pull the Bake out.

"What the hell?! Where am I?!" (M/c) looks around.
The whole room looked like it was made from rainbow and kittens.

Children drawings were hanged up all over the ceiling, the floor was a red carpet, toys were everywhere, and looked extremely messy and organized at the same time.

"Good morning!" Splendy appears right beside (M/c) in the bed, they let out a shriek and fell over, getting caught into the blanket and hitting their already concussed head.

"Ugh...." (M/c) laid on the ground, at this point the pain was too painful for them to make noise.

"I'm so sorry! What have I done?!" Splendy rushed over, "I'll give you a kiss! That will make you feel better!"

Chris turned to Carnival, "Is it like this every morning?"

Carnival struggled to keep the Bake from hiding again, "Only when Splendy hasn't had his Cotten candy yet..."

Who knew that a kiss could heal?

Well... he is an immortal creature that's lived for millions of years.... A kiss on the head is probably the tamest thing he can do.

(M/c)'s stomach rumbled, they needed to eat...

"Ahem! Someone wants to apologize for scaring you!" Carnival cleared his throat as he and the Bake approached (M/c) who was eating a sandwich.

The Bake stood on his two feet and hands them a piece of paper.
It was a messy written invitation to a show, Date: May 23rd....

It was the 15th.

"Uh.... You didn't have to! I just had a bad dream and didn't expect to um... see you...." (M/c) smiled.

"That's strange... the Bake always gives guests good dreams.... Perhaps he was just trying to tell you something? He never really talks anymore..." Spring placed a glass of water in front of (M/c).

"Where's Chris? I thought we had a meeting?" (M/c) asked

"Oh! He already went through the meeting while you were sleeping!" Spring took the empty plate, "Seconds?"

"Yes please.... I missed a meeting?! Oh man!" (M/c) groans, "It's okay! Chris is actually out right now! Important hunter stuff!" Spring sets down another fixed sandwich.

"Oh! Oh!! It's Mx. (M/c)!" Callie walked into the kitchen, "Hi! I'm Callie Williamson!" She rushed over and pushed a stuffed chicken out.

"Wanna play with me?"