Chapter 12: Rewinding and Reaching

Warning: swears, death, panic attack, choking, threats, small spaces, crying, burning eyes.
__________________________________

"Huh....? What is..... is that a..... a light?" (M/c) reached out towards the light, it was like a green star...
The star started to move.

"Wait.... I'm dead? No! I have to go back! I need to go back!" (M/c) chased after the light, "Don't leave me here!"

(M/c) jumped and caught the light in their hands, "Gotcha!" They struggled to keep the light in their hands.

A bright light flooded their vision, when (M/c) opened their eyes they were brought back.
Not... back to life but.... Back!

"I'm back!" (M/c) cheered, but celebrating the last thing they should be doing.
They took a step and fell through a hole.

Luckily this time, (M/c) grips the ground to not fall in.

'You gotta be kidding....' They groan and tried to pull themselves up.
Kinda hard to do when their whole lower body was dangling.

"(M/c)!" Jake looked up and saw them.

"Jake! How did you know it was me?!" (M/c) yelled.
"I didn't! I was just hoping you weren't David! Get me out!" Jake looks around.

"I'm a little stuck here! Just hide somewhere until it goes away!" (M/c) tried to lift themselves up. It didn't work.

"How did- oh crap." Jake turned once he heard the Hodag getting closer, he ran further up ahead and dove into the small hole in the side of the walls.

(M/c) took a deep breath and pushed up.....

"How did I fall in before?!" They yelled.

"Need some help kid?" An amused voice asked.

(M/c) looked up to see..... the man with the black and white mask! From the night they ran away!

Still can't believe you did that.

"I-I-uh-" (M/c) stammered, the man laughed.

"You know.... I'm supposed to kill any hunter I see...." He knelt down and got close, "But I have a feeling that you're new to this, so I'll let you off with a warning."

'A warning for hunting murderers?' (M/c) whimpers.

"I have a feeling that we'll see each other real soon~ all of the new ones I met did~" he gets up and starts to walk away.

"Oh right." He paused and turned back around, "I'm Kagekao. See you later!" He laughed at (M/c)'s reaction before walking away.

He seems lovely.

"I don't get it...." (M/c) looked away, "The other guy did try to kill me..... but then after I touched him he.... Looked so scared...."

Hold on isn't this about the time when Jess and David-

"RAHHHHHHHHH!"

(M/c) heard screaming coming closer and closer until they looked up to see Jessica cackling loudly while David held onto her.

Jess saw (M/c) and swerved to the right and created a blue bubble around her and David.

The two bounced a few times before hitting a tree and snapping it. "Oh my God!" (M/c) screamed upon impact.

The bubble shield shattered and Jessica sits up quickly.

"It's you!" She shouted and pointed at (M/c).

"What?!" They matched her volume.

"DON'T PLAY DUMB! You were in my dreams last night!" Jess yelled.
"I-I'm sorry?!" (M/c) was scared that she was gonna kill them.