Chapter 8: History of Urban Lane

Warning!: swears, hints of jealousy, guns, knives, mentions of stealing, assault, attempted murder, breaking and entering, trespassing, and burglary, mentions of witch trials, mentions of being burned alive, and mentions of murder.

__________________________________

"Woah.... A real hunter...." Jake looks at his new outfit in the mirror, "I'm surprised you passed so easily, no offense but Chis did tend to be rougher with you.... Considering your strength..... oh and sorry for skipping it." (M/c) was taking pictures.

"Pose!" They sang.

Jake made duck lips and winks at the camera, "Don't post this." He glares.

"Don't worry! I'll delete it!" (M/c) says while hitting save.

"Get changed, I wanna go visit the library!"   (M/c) stands up, "I asked David to meet us there!".

"What? That weirdo? He's kinda a smartass in my opinion..." Jake takes off his gear, "All he did was talk about you, creepy in my opinion.".

"Well, he did tell me some things that were.... Interesting...." (M/c) shivered at the thought of being held by a murderer....

"What did David and you talk about?" They asked, "I'm kinda glad we have another buddy to talk to!".

"He's..... okay....." Jake frowned, "I just.... Didn't think he'd be so....." he paused.

"So what?" (M/c) rolls around in their chair.

"Interesting?" Jake says, it was more of a question though.
"Interesting. That's it?" (M/c) placed their foot down on the ground to stop the spinning.

"How would you describe him?" Jake takes the protective gear off.
"Smart! Obviously!.... He's pretty mysterious, I think it's just because he's quiet." (M/c) lists off, "I'm just glad we could have a potentially good friendship with this guy!".

".... Yeah.... Cool..." Jake huffed.

"I know that tone, what's wrong with David?" (M/c) asked.

"Well, all I'm saying is....." Jake paused and grabbed his clothes and goes to the bathroom to change, "All I'm saying is that he gives me this uncanny feeling.".

"Don't be a hypocrite!" (M/c) laughed, "HEY!" Jake hits the bathroom door.

"So... have you told your Dad?" (M/c) asked, "About the hunter thing? No! You must be out of your mind if you think I'm gonna tell Dad about this!" Jake steps out of the bathroom.

"You're gonna have to!" (M/c) and Jake walk downstairs.
"No I don't! I'll just quit as soon as I find the cure!" Jake whispers.

"Hi Chris, we're going to go do some research!" (M/c) waved and walked past Chris as he was making himself some breakfast.

Chris looks up and his eyes soften.

"Did I just see that right?" Jake whispers to (M/c), "I didn't know Chris could show emotion."

"He can hear you." (M/c) frowned.

Jake blinks before pulling on a fake smile, "Oh hi Chris!"

Nice save.

__________________________________

David was waiting by the library, observing all the people that walked his path.

"David!" (M/c) runs over to him.

Jake fallowed close behind, "Nice Jacket...." He hummed.
"It's a blue Jean jacket made of-" David was cut off by Jake letting out an exasperated groan.