Chapter 9: Fairytales

Warning!: swears, main character has issues, kidnapping, mentions of murder, starvation, you eat stew but doesn't specify what it is, breaking and entering, burns.
__________________________________

"Uh...." (M/c) lowered their weapon as a little girl stepped out.....

The girl had long slender ears, light pink skin, light green hair that was tied into pigtails, and olive green eyes....
She looked to be around 7 years old, with a cute dress.

David lowered his gun, "It's an elf." He stated.

"An elf?.... Like an actual elf...." Jake puts his knife away.
He steps closer to the little girl and bends down a little, "Hey little girl, what are you doing out here?" He asked.

"Are you a Creepypasta hunter?" The little girl asked.
"Uh, you could say that..." (M/c) rubs the back of their neck.

"My names Romy...." She introduced, "I've never met one of the Creepypasta hunters! Are you gonna kill Slenderman?".

"Uhhhh...." (M/c) always didn't like the thought of killing someone.... Or thing...
They believed in justice! But being the one to kill for it was more of a.... Someone else should do it.... Thing....

"That's uh.... Sure!" Jake laughed nervously.

'Oh! That's right! Jake hasn't gone to talk to the two tall guys!..... come to think of it I've never had a second meeting.... Probably slipped Chris's mind.' (M/c) suddenly felt stupid.

"Um.... Do you think Chr-.... The leader minds that we went into the forest without letting him know?" (M/c) bites their lip in nervousness....

"He's the one that gave you the key, if anything it's his fault for not giving us more information instead of going out." Jake rolled his eyes.

"Anyways, why are you out by yourself?" He turns back to the little girl.

"I came to see the Decay disease!" Romy gives a soft smile.
"Decay disease?" (M/c) looks around.

Yeah, this place looks like it was rotting....

"The plants won't grow anymore, Papa says that it's because of new magic." Romy explains.

"New magic.... Haven't heard that term before...." (M/c) hummed, "Mr. Hopkins never talked about his missions?" Jake questioned.

"Only the gory ones." (M/c) shrugged.

"New magic is the use of magic by draining it from the planet and using it instead of your natural born magic." David explains, "It is drained from the ground using a staff made specifically for new magic.".

"Really?" Jake sighed.

"Do you know where we can find a witch? She kinda has hair like this?" (M/c) holds up a drawing of long pink hair.

"Oh! Jessica the witch!" Romy got a look of admiration in her eyes, "She's the most powerful witch in all of the Enchanted Forest! They say that her magic equals that of 20 wizards!".

"Sounds pretty accurate to who we're looking for." Jake stands up and looks back at David and (M/c).

"Do you know where she is?" David asked.

Romy shakes her head, "Uh-uh! She's everywhere! But if I had to guess, she's-"

"ROMY!" A man with green hair, pale skin, and olive green eyes rushed over and picked Romy up.
"What business do you have here?" He glared at us.

"We're just here to find someone." David explained, "Quiet down! Or they'll her you!" The man looked back and up nervously.

"Who?" (M/c) looks behind the man, "There's no one here...".