𝗳𝗶𝗳𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻

𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗳𝗶𝗳𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻
i'll help you hide the body !

𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗳𝗶𝗳𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻 i'll help you hide the body !

devon was a family oriented person. she tried to speak with her parents at least once every two weeks. she loved that old couple with all her heart and she hoped to have a story like theirs someday.

but recently, she felt bad for admitting that she had been ignoring them a bit. her plan was to visit them while she was in michigan but they had been out of town so her plan was out of the picture. of course she could call them but she felt guilty to do so.

her mom knew her like the back of her hand and devon knew the second their call connected she would ask her what's wrong and devon was dreading that, knowing that if she heard the question coming out of her mom's lips the words would tumble out of her lips faster than she could comprehend.

it wasn't that she had anything to hide, but she felt embarrassed. embarrassed and maybe even worried about her mom's reaction to her talking with him again.

she also knew she couldn't avoid it any longer, it wasn't fair to her parents. so without thinking too much of it she pressed the facetime option on her mom's contact, patiently waiting for the call to connect.

"devon! my girl, oh i missed seeing you!" she heard her mother's voice greet her, her and her father seemed to be sitting on the couch, the computer in front of them.

"leave the girl alone laura or she won't want to call us again" david grinned, his wife and daughter laughing at him.

"that will never happen dad. i'm sorry i didn't call sooner, i've just been busy" devon smiled while she continued to fold the clean shirts on her bed.

"oh honey, don't worry. now, a certain little birdie may have told me what you were up to this summer" her mother, laura said, trying to be sneaky but her dad's snort sold her out.

"let me guess, the little birdies name's ellen?" dev prompted, quirking a brow.

"you know how they are lynn, always gossiping. kept me awake hearing their giggles talking about you" her dad mused using her second name, which she hated, practically making fun of his wife earning a smack on the back of his head.

"i did not keep you awake, you're nosy and you wanted to hear what ellen was saying"

"details, details"

"anyway, it was a surprise when she told us you were at the lake house with them" she surmised, giving devon the classic 'mom look' while her husband laughed softly.