𝗳𝗶𝗳𝘁𝘆 𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲

𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗳𝗶𝗳𝘁𝘆 𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲
picnic day !

devon couldn't have picked a better time to move in than now, literally

turns out that the canucks had a game against the devils next week and devon could not wait for it.

she'd been living in vancouver for a month now and things have been going great. the only time they were ever apart was when quinn was training, had games or when she went to the gym.

she had taken the very difficult decision to retire from gymnastics, for good. she figured her health was more important than anything else and gymnastics was very demanding. she still went to the gym here and there, just to stay in shape though.

and after a lot of looking, she finally found a job at a law firm as an intern. it was very exciting and scary but she was positive.

quinn had informed her that his parents and a his uncle and his wife (with their kid) were coming to the game. it was very important to their family, the first time the hughes brothers ever played in the same rink professionally.

quinn had taken the tough decision, tough because it was against his mother, to not open his house for his family. it was for the better really, he knew that no matter who stayed there, he wouldn't have been able to keep his hands to himself. and that always led to something further. it was for the greater good.

"do you have practice today?" devon mumbled in his chest, snuggling closer to his body in an attempt to stay warm. she knew he was awake, she could feel him watching her but she was too comfortable in her current position against his chest.

"surprisingly, no" he said, kissing the top of her head lovingly.

devon smiled and looked up at him from her position. the way his eyes were still coated with sleep, the gentle smile on his lips, how his head was tilted down to gaze at her with the most gentle look in his eyes. it was too much for her, in a good way. she wished they could stay just like this all day, every day "you want to stay in?"

"we're gonna do a picnic" he smiled, tugging her closer to his body by putting his hands under her thighs.

"what? when?" she questioned softly, starting to leave kisses on his chest which made him sigh in comfort and tighten his grip on her thighs.

"right now"

"when did you plan this?"

"just now" he grinned, sitting up and in a swift motion moving her up with him, now caressing her hips as she sat on top of him.

"who would've guessed grumpy hockey player quinn was this cute" she cheekily teased, running her hands through the nape of his neck.

"only for you"