𝗳𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝗼𝗻𝗲

𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗳𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝗼𝗻𝗲
happy surprises !

the week had blew by and devon now found herself in the parking lot of the rangers arena

she was nervously waiting for brock to text her the go ahead, her nerves spiking up by the second.

quinn had been crushed when she had told him she wouldn't be able to see him. he was so sad it almost made devon tell him it was a prank but somehow she resisted the urge. so now here she was, hoping to the gods that he wouldn't be mad and would take her surprise litghly.

after exchanging numbers with quinn's teammate, he had assured her he had everything planned out. he would come get her when they arrived, before they changed into their gear, and petey and miller would be on standby for the recordings, both from different angles. it was at that moment that devon knew she had picked the perfect person for help.

she was dressed simple enough, refusing to wear a jersey of his as to not draw attention to herself or to appear corny, instead wearing one of his old crewnecks paired with a cute skirt and black tights. as she nervously fixed her lipstick in the mirror, brock finally texted her, telling her to wait on the parking lot of the players. how he had managed to get her into it, she didn't know, but she was grateful.

after a couple minutes she finally saw him step out from the building so she quickly grabbed her purse and stepped out of the car, meeting him halfway.

"hi! it's so nice to finally meet you" devon smiled as she greeted him, thankful that he warmly received her hug.

"likewise!" he laughed, pulling away as they started to walk back into the building "everyone's in the locker room waiting for coach to come back so you'll have a few minutes"

"that's all i need. thank you again brock, i actually wouldn't have been able to do it with your help" devon claimed, appreciating the effort he had made, considering it was the first time they met.

"i'm glad i helped. huggy needs hapiness in his life" brock smiled, holding a door open for her as they finally stopped in front of the locker room "okay, so i'll step in first and make sure he has his back towards you and then you come in, yeah?"

"yes, yeah" devon nervously replied.

brock smiled one more time before he casually strolled in, grabbing quinn by the shoulders and moving him so he was giving his back to the entrance. unbeknownst to devon, brock had told the whole team about the surprise and it was safe to say that everyone was excited to meet the girl their captain wouldn't shut up about.

petey and miller sneakily managed to start recording as brock looked back and locked eyes with devon, encouraging her to walk in.

devon took a deep breath, regretting every single life decision she had ever made as she walked in, leaving her purse outside in a bench, praying to god nobody would steal it as she rapidly walked to quinn. she softly placed her hands over his eyes as brock let him go, stepping aside with a smile "guess who?"