Don't do that

Ishan wakes up lamely in the morning. He curses the sun because it's the reason for the breakage of his sleep. He frowns when he realises that Shubman is not by his side. He groans getting up. It's 5:15 in the morning. He yawns and stretches before getting off the bed. He quickly freshens up and then realised that he had practice match.

He did everything. Gave his best in the practice to impress his captain and coach both. And he was successfully successful. He has fun moments with Shubman, the one he used to have when they were best friends and he was yet to think about him like he thinks now.

Practice was over. It was 5:45 in the evening when he was getting all his things to head towards the hotel. And then he realised, that he could hear Shubman's voice. He followed it, and the more he got nearer the more it got louder. Finally, he stood near Shubman to see him almost shouting. There was 2 people in front of him.

"Hey cheesy youngster, it'll take me a moment to slice your fingers."

"And it will take me a moment to damage your life!"

Shubman screamed. Ishan didn't know what was happening. He didn't know what to do.

"Remind me how you play cricket with this attitude, huh?"

The man who was shorter in height shoved Shubman a little and Ishan could see the gritting of Shubman's teeth. He knew that Shubman didn't know his presence. He wanted to drag Shubman out of there. Away from all these bullying guys.

But he couldn't move. He also wanted to know what'd happen further. He knows, that's wrong and he should not do that, but he is yet to decide what to do and what to not.

"You don't get to touch me."

Shubman gritted through his teeth, in response of which both the men burst out in a fit of laughter.

"So you get angry when I do this huh?"

The shorter man said with a smirk before shoving at Shubman again. And that's when Ishan knew that Shubman lost it.

But before he could go and grab Shubman, he had already punched him, hard.

The shorter man stumbled and fell back. Ishan's eyes widened as he ran, grabbed Shubman and dragged him away from them.

Once they were near their bus, they were sent shooting glares. Ishan didn't talk to Shubman until then.

"Where were you two?" Rohit bhaiya hissed.

"We were so worried, you were not in the dressing room." Virat bhai said, but with a lot softer tone.

Shubman opened his mouth to speak and Ishan quickly interrupted,

"Two men were disturbing shubi. I didn't hear anything. I dragged him away just when I saw him."

Ishan was lying from his teeth, but nobody seem to catch it cause nobody knew. Rohit's face softened immediately after he heard Ishan's words.

"Disturbing? Did they hurt you?"

He directed the question to Shubman.

"Tried too, but didn't accomplish."

"Okay, now c'mon, let's all go back to the hotel."

Everyone nodded getting on the bus. Shubman sat beside Ishan but both were completely quiet. Everyone was worried seeing both the youngsters, who are always so cheerful, so quiet but didn't say anything.

Once they reached their room, Ishan interrogated Shubman,

"Why on Earth were you arguing with them Shubi?"

"They started it."

Shubman said, disinterested in the topic and started to look for his clothes in his luggage to wear after fresh up.

"Look at me when I talk to you Shub."

Ishan said but Shubman didn't mind his words and continued to do what he was doing,

"I can hear Ishan."

Ishan sighed at the denial he got.

"Please don't fight like that Shub. What if something would've happened to you?"

This time, Shubman turned to face him.

"I needed to fight them. They practically shoved me twice."

"I know," Ishan sighed, "but please don't do that. If it's caught on camera it'll affect your career."

Shub took his clothes in his hand and stood in front of Ishan who was sitting on the bed. He bent down to meet Ishan's eye level.

Ishan's breath quickened, he could feel his heart rate pacing and he internally cursed for his feeling to jump inside his stomach in the form of 3837 butterflies.

"I'm careful of that, you don't need to worry."

Shubman said before bringing his hand up and wiping off the dust from Ishan's cheek with his thumb. Ishan felt his mind and heart was about to burst. He was stiffened in his place.

He and Shubman locked eyes about 10 seconds before Shubman smiled at him and left to take a shower leaving him in the frozen state...
.
.
.
I am sorry that I took so long to update. I was quite busy these few days. Please just bear with me🥹