What's the plan?

Ishan tried to ignore all the boys at the breakfast table, who were teasing Shubman about his date last night with none other than Sara Tendulkar. This is so problematic when the other players know nothing. He was not liking all this. He wants to scream so bad that he and Shubman are in a relationship. But of course scared of hbe reactions he always had to hold back.

"With Sara bhabii you were sooo happy. I saw the photos."

Siraj said giggling. He tried to make shubman blush but it was a total failure. Instead, he was shy telling those things to him.

"Were not dating."

Shubman repeated it for what? Like a 273th time. Rohit, Virat and Rahul were of course not interested. When they were young they used to do the same to their friends, but know they are grown ups and mature enough.

"Yrrrr Shubman, don't lie again and again. You can't hide the truth."

Hardik said jokingly as all the other players, concentrated on the 'dating' conversation chuckled.

Ishan was holding himself back so much. Just because they had practice afterwards. Or else he would have left the dining table till now.

"Shubman why are you denying when you two are seen dating. We're telling it from experience. You never went out with any other girl before."

Jadeja was serious. Of course he would be. It's their team's youngster they're talking about. It's the next generation. So taking care of them is their responsibility.

"For now, I am honestly not dating. It's just that I owed her one."

Ishan let this lie roam through his head. Is it really a lie? Or does it hold a truth behind it?

He looked at Shubman through his side eye, and once he noticed that the latter was not looking at him, he gave up and concentrated on his food. Afterwards, everyone came out of that topic and started to talk about the upcoming match, for which Ishan was grateful to God.

Soon, their breakfast time was over and in 15 minutes they had to meet at the lobby. The team bus is already here. They'd just come along and go together to the stadium for practice.

"This doesn't feel right shubman."

Ishan said slipping himself on the bed as Shubman sat in front of the mirror and started combing his hair.

"What Ish?"

Ishan stared at the ceiling for a moment before replying,

"For how long are we going to hide this thing? They'll all come to know one day eventually. What's in use of hiding?"

Shubman looked at him through the mirror with a gentle smile on his face,

"I've planned everything."

"What?"

Ishan sat up straight and looked at him. When Shubman did not answered Ishan asked again,

"What have you planned?"

"My silence in the previous question would be the same answer here."

Ishan rolled his eyes in response to Shubman's sarcasm,

"I don't know what you're going to do. But please don't do something stupid. I'm already so scared of everyone's reaction."

Shubman turned towards him,

"If everyone disagrees, so will you leave me?"

Ishan looked down at his feet,

"Tell me what you think Ishan."

Shubman said when Ishan remained silent.

"What do I do about my parents Shub? They raised me. It won't feel good to go against them at this age."

Ishan's eyes prickled with tears. Shubman immediately got up from his seat, and sat in front of him on one knee, hugging his boyfriend.

"I promise everything will be fine. For now, let's focus on the upcoming match."

He kissed Ishan's hair, who just sobbed in his shoulder, hating the fact that he has to struggle through so much only to have the right to love someone...
.
.
.
This story is eventually coming to an end. I'm gonna cry.