27 ~ Under Ground

15K Votes ❤️

Agastya POV

"What the hell is that?"

My eyes widened with shock and then thinned to make my vision better amid the darkness and light of the lamp not reaching very far. It was dark, massive, dangerous, and something I had never seen or heard about.

"It looks dangerous,"

Eklavya said in his slow and frightened voice, and I turned around to notice that this was not the only one. There were many, even hundreds.

I gulped with fear and nervousness while stepping closer to it. It had wheels, a long tube, the same one which was put there in a lot.

Looking at its long cylindrical design, I remembered the gun Rashmika had given me. It was to fire gunpowder, and I could feel that this was precisely the same version but the dangerous and destructive one, as I rightly guessed.

"It is to blast gunpowder,"

I said and looked at Eklavya, thinning his brows at me.

"The one you tested, right?"

I nodded. "Hmm,"

"But, this one would create major destruction; it would kill many at a time,"

I said, and he asked with confusion.

"How do you know about that?"

I licked on my drying lips and looked at him.

"Look at their size. Gunpowder is explosive; it blasts like a volcano coming into contact with fire. It burns, kills people with ease and brutality, and there are hundreds of it,"

I said in a slow voice, and he nodded, washing the sweat forming on his forehead. He looked scared, obviously more than mine.

"But, there must be some way to take them out,"

I said, looking around, and he thinned his brows.

"What do you mean?"

He asked, biting on his lips. His cheeks had turned red; the fear was visible in his eyes.

"I mean, they can not get them out through this secret passage of rope stair. They are heavy, they would need people to push them out, in many numbers, and there must be a sloppy way to push them out because they have wheels,"

I tried to explain to him. And, he suddenly said, gulping.

"Do you know how dangerous this is? I mean, these are something that can blow this whole Kingdom off, and I do not know what the hell we are do-,"

"Yes,"

I cut him off immediately.

His eyes widened with shock.

"What?"

He questioned, gulping down.

"There are something that can blow this whole Kingdom off,"

"No, No, No, No... Agastya. It's too dangerous, brutal and destroying," He said. He stepped closer to me, and I shook my head.

"It's not. It is our defence. And we have nothing personal against Mehrangarh, but they are helping those invaders, and this is our answer. They are thinking about using these in the war, and if we can destroy them, then the war is half won already,"

I tried to convince him, and he shook his head.

"You know, this whole Kingdom might blow down to ashes,"