67 ~ The Rituals Begin

10K votes fast!

Suman POV

As I stared at the rising sun, with my arms crossed around my knees, close to my chest, I felt its light warmness soothing me and filling me with the new hope of life. A slight smile was there on my lips, and I rubbed my arms over my arms, recalling that I would become his wife now.

I would become the wife of Agastya Dev Singh.

I could not stop myself from giggling. He might have left the Suryagarh to reach here already. My lips curled between my lips, and I looked at Reva, who stepped towards me with a slight smile.

"What are you doing here alone? Suman," she asked and sat beside me, and I smiled, looking at her.

"Nothing," I muttered, and she chuckled, looking at me.

"You never told me," she complained, and my smile weakened a little before I replied.

"Kya batate Reva, hume to abhi bhi vishwas nahi ho raha ki hamara vivah ho raha hai unse,"

"What do you think I could tell you? I still cannot believe that I am getting married to him,"

She smiled, placed her hand on my forearm, and asked.

"How is he? I mean, he is a Prince, and how does he behave with you? Does he call you by your name or something special?" she asked in a slow voice, and I chuckled hearing her.

"He," I paused momentarily and looked at the orange hues of the sun spreading over the sky as we both sat in the garden. "He is amazing, Reva. He understands me like no one can. He does not make me feel low or unworthy, nor is he too special. He treats me so right. I mean, he cares for me but knows the boundaries. He loves me but does not try to cage me. He is impossible sometimes and too rude with his tongue, but he always wants good for me. I am the only one who causes trouble for him, and he gets irritated sometimes," I laughed a little.

"And?" she asked with the brightness in her eyes, and I smiled.

"And, he is so good. He loves me so much that sometimes it feels overwhelming and scary," I muttered, and she knit her brows.

"Why scary?" she asked.

I licked on my lips and looked at her. "It's scary that I feel that I might end up hurting us. But, I know he will protect both of us from that," I muttered, unknown if I was telling her or making up my mind for the future.

Second marriage – an act that society does not appreciate, especially if it's about a woman. And, that too, a lower caste, petite woman; the irony was that she was getting married to a Prince. I did not know what problems or challenges were waiting for me ahead.

But I knew one thing: if he were by my side, I would swim in the oceans, run in the mountains, and breathe in the storms.

"Suman," Suddenly, my attention was caught by Daadisa, and I lifted my eyes to look at her standing with slightly heavy breathing, and I asked.

"Ji, daadisa, aap kyu chale aaye, hume bula liya hota,"

"Ji, Daadisa, why did you come here? You should have called me," 

She smiled and signalled me to walk to her. I immediately did, and she held my hand and said.

"Everything is prepared; let's take the bath and get you ready. They might arrive any moment today," she said, and I just smiled, trying to hide my blushing cheeks.

I went with Daadisa to a big guest chamber allotted to me. Ranima had appointed a group of attendees, especially for me, and Queen Trisha was supportive. I did not know why, but there was something special about her.