Ch. 17 Carlos and kickbacks

It's been a week since I got in the gang and Jesus still hasn't talked to my dad but I understand. I know it was probably too soon to forgive him but I don't know something inside of me said to do it.

The day after I got in flirt found out and made a big scene at the warehouse but the OGs calmed her down.

We might have have problems but now she needs to respect my decision and my place in the gang.

I was at my house cleaning and babysitting my neighbors son since she had to go to work and didn't have anyone to look after him.

"Carlos do you want something to eat?" I asked him. He took his eyes off of the t.v and said "yes!".

Carlos is only 5 years old and his mother is a single parent. His dad died when he was 2 years old so his mother is doing anything to bring food on the table.

Ever since I lost my baby, Carlos has gotten close to me. He always wants to be over at our apartment. His mom always tells him that he's going to annoy us one day but he's bringing happiness to me.

"Okay then do you want to go to McDonald's or something?" I asked. "Yes!" He said as he jumped up and down.

"Okay we will go eat and after that you are going to help me with some errands okay." I said to him. "Um Mia what are errands?" He asked.

I laughed and said "errands are things I need to do." He just smiled and held my hand. My moms car was free since Jesus took her and David to visit one of my moms cousin.

We got in and drove to Tacos La Poblanita since we were both craving tacos. Carlos sure did have an appetite.

After that I drove to el centro meat market to pick up some things that I needed for dinner.

"Ok I'm going to make fajitas so I need to get chicken,peppers and a couple of other ingredients." I said to Carlos but his eyes wandered off towards the goodies, chips, candy, and cookies.

"Do you want something?" I asked him. He looked at me but was to shy to say anything. "Come on tell me what you want." I said and took him over to pick out anything he wanted.

"Mia?" Said a voice behind me. It was Andres. Suddenly I felt nervous just by looking at him. "Hey Andres." I said as I waved.

"What are you doing here?" He asked while smile as if he was happy to see me. "I want this!" Said Carlos as he ran towards me with a bag of chips.

"Andres looked at Carlos and then at me. "Okay put them in the cart." I said to Carlos and then smiled at Andres and said " just here buying stuff for dinner and babysitting for a neighbor."

" oh cool sounds like fun." He said and smiled at Carlos and said "hi I'm Andres what's your name?" Carlos got shy and tried hiding behind me.

"Tell him your name." I said. "Carlos." He said in a low voice. Andres smiled and said "hi Carlos." Carlos just stayed quiet. "Sorry he's really shy." I said.

"It's cool." Said Andres as he laughed. "Yeah well I have to go get the rest of my stuff." I said as I walked away.

"Mia!" Said Andres as I turned around. "Yes?" I replied. Andres smacked his lips and said "I'm having a kickback later and I was wondering if you wanted to come. I mean well the homegirls are going to be there."

"I'll see." I said, smiled and walked away. I got home and Carlos helped me with my groceries. "I think your mom is almost here." I told him as I began to cook.

He looked at me and said "can I sleep over?" "Ummm I don't know because you have to ask your mom about that." I replied. Then there was knock on the door. I went to open it and it was my neighbor Cristina.