Ch.23 R.I.P

Today was my cousin nando's funeral and in two days it will be Diablo's funeral. I wore a black Dress with black heels. I didn't feel like doing my makeup so I only put a little bit of eyeliner on and left my hair in my natural curls.

"Mija are you ready?" Asked my mom as she popped into the room.

"Yeah." I sighed.

She walked over to me and said "Mia I know this is hard for the both of us but I think your cousin would want you to remember the fun times you both had."

"Mom... I saw him die in front of me! My own blood!" I cried. My mother pulled me into her and we both held each other crying.

All this reminds me of my son...

We got to the funeral and I could see the casket open. I walked over to it and looked inside. Orlando looked peaceful. He was wearing a black suit.

My eyes began to get teary. He told me the only reasons for him to wear a black suit is the day gets buried...

I went up to my aunt and uncle and gave them both a tight hug. "Hi mija... How have you been?" Asked my Tia Carmen.

I couldn't lie to her. "Not so good" I said. "Mia I want you to know that it's not your fault." Said my tio Enrique. I just nodded and Walked away.

The ceremony was nice but now we're all on our way to the cemetery.

Everyone was silent once the casket came. My cousin Kevin and a couple of orlando's homies were carrying the casket. I looked at Griselda and jacky, they were in tears. Something else caught my eye.

They were hugging a girl and she was pregnant.  Could it be? Was she? Orlando's baby momma? I kept that in my head for a while until they began to lower the casket. All I could play in my mind was Orlando getting shot and Diablo also.

After the casket was lowered my uncle gave a speech. " Thank you all for being here with us in this... Terrible moment. Our son Orlando is now looking down at us from heaven. My family and I would like to invite you all to our house after this. Thank you once again."

I went over to Griselda and jacky. As I got there the pregnant girl looked up at me and said "You stupid sureño Bitch!!! How could you!!! This all your fault!!!"

"Lety calm down!" Said Griselda. Jacky sighed and looked at me, shrugged her shoulders and they both took her away. "Sorry mija she.. Thinks it was your fault." Said my tio Enrique as he hugged me.

I hugged my uncle tight as I could and I just cried in his arms. I still couldn't believe the cousin I grew up with is dead and because he saved my life.

Because the incident with lety, my mom decided to take me home. "Mom how are we going to do this?" I asked. "Do what mija?" My mom asked as if she didn't know. "Live without Jesus!" I said.

"Mija he hasn't even had his court and plus he didn't do it!" She pointed out. "Mom what are the chances!? They won't believe him! They don't know!" I said.

She looked at me, grabbed my hands and said "but you do mija!" I still don't know why Jesus took the blame. I just don't understand him! Why would he want to end up in prison.

It seems like I was just finding my life again since I lost my son and now I have to find it all over again. Of course I was never the same since my son.

I was laying in bed all day. I grabbed my laptop and watched some "that's 70s show" on Netflix.

"Mia..." David said as he walked in. "Yes." I sighed. He looked at me with watery eyes, ran to me and hugged me. I was worrying about myself this whole time that I seriously forgot about how my little brother would feel.