Forming Alliances

Dragonstone

The next day Davion and Daenerys had a meeting with their war council which consisted of Tyrion Lannister, Lord Varys, Grey Worm, Missandei, Olenna Tyrell, Elliaria Sand, and Theon and Yara Greyjoy.

"If you want the Iron Throne, take it." Yara Greyjoy said. "We have an army, a fleet and three dragons. We should hit King's Landing now, hard, with everything we have. The city will fall within a day.:

"If we turn the dragons loose, tens of thousands of people will die, in the firestorm." Tyrion said.

"It's called war." Elliaria Sand said. "If you don't have the stomach for it scurry back into hiding."

"I know how you wage war." Tyrion said. "We don't poison little girls here. Myrcella is innocent."

"She's a Lannister." Elliaria argued. "There are no innocent Lannisters." Surprisingly Davion was quiet while they argued. "My only regret is Oberyn died fighting for you."

Just then everyone flinched when they head a bang on the table. Davion who sat at the head of the painted table had hit the table with his open hand to shut Elliaria up.

"I've listened to you talk and I've heard enough." Davion said and Elliaria looked frightened. "The only reason I'm not killing you is because my sister lives. Lord Tyrion is the Hand of the Queen and you will show him respect."

Daenerys walked to Davion and rested her hand on his shoulder hoping it would calm him down a little. "Lord Davion is right." She hated calling him 'Lord'. "I am not here to be queen of the ashes." She said.

"That's very nice to hear." Lady Olenna said. "Of course I can't remember a queen who was better loved, than my granddaughter. The common people loved her. The nobles loved her, and what is left of her now?" She asked. "Ashes. Commoners, nobles, they're all children, really. They won't obey you unless they fear you."

Daenerys sighed. "I'm grateful to you, Lady Olenna, for your counsel." She said. "I'm grateful to all of you, but you all have chosen to follow me. I will not attack King's Landing. We will not attack King's Landing."

"Then how do you mean to take the Iron Throne?" Olenna asked. "By asking nicely."

"We will lay siege to the capital, surrounding the city on all sides." Davion said. "My mother will have the Iron Throne, but no food for her army or the people."

"But we won't use the Dothraki, Unsullied or Volantenes" Tyrion said. "Cersei will try to rally the lords of Westeros, by appealing to their loyalty, their love for their country. If we besiege the city with foreigners, we prove her point. Our army should be Westerosi."

"And I suppose we're providing the Westerosi?" Elliaria asked.

"You are." Davion said and he looked at Elliaria Sand. "Lady Greyjoy will escort you to Sunspear where her Iron Fleet will ferry the Dornish army, back up to Kings Landing. The Dornish army will lay siege to the capital alongside the Tyrell army."

"Two great kingdoms against Cersei." Tyrion said.

"So your master plan is to use our armies. Olenna said. Forgive me for asking, but why did you bother to bring your own?" She asked.

"The Unsullied will have another objective." Tyrion said. "For decades House Lannister had been the true power of Westeros, and the seat of that power is Casterly Rock. Grey Worm and the Unsullied will sail for the Rock and take it."

Davion then rose from his chair. "Does the queen have your support?" He asked.

"You have mine." Yara Greyjoy said.