Chapter 30

Dev lies unconscious on the floor.

Adi, shocked, rushes to see his bhaiyu, but before he can touch his brother, Adi's body is abruptly thrown out of the house with an unexpected force, leaving Adi frozen and unable to move a muscle.

He desperately attempts to wake up, only to have someone grab his collar and drag him forcefully in front of their face – it's Aarav, and in a mix of panic and anger, Adi pleads with him to let him go,

"Aarav, what are you doing? Let me go! Let me go! What happened to Dev bhaiyu? I need to see him. Please, let me_____"

"You are the reason, the only reason why my brother is in this condition, you killed my brother. Go away from here. Don't come back. Go from our life. You are the bad thing that happened to us. Don't show your face?"

Adi wakes up from a terrible shock, sweating and breathing heavily, overwhelmed with emotions.

Unbeknownst to him, he's struggling to breathe.

Thankfully, Rajiv is sleeping beside him and wakes up upon hearing Adi's rapid breaths.

Recognizing the distress, he lovingly calls Adi's name, soothing him with comforting words.

With a gentle touch, he awoke adi, his eyes reflecting the tenderness only a caring parent could possess.

Rajiv tenderly strokes Adi's head, offering solace in the midst of his distress.

The warmth of his father's presence provides a comforting contrast to the haunting dream that still lingers in Adi's mind.

"Shh, it's okay, Adi. You're safe now," Rajiv murmurs, his voice a gentle balm to Adi's shaken spirit.

He continues to speak in soft tones, reassuring his son that the nightmare was just a figment of the imagination. If it's an extreme nightmare, only Adi will wake from his sleep, shaking.

Rajiv understands his son needs to speak out.

In the dim light, Rajiv notices the beads of sweat on Adi's forehead and the lingering fear in his eyes.

He says, while softly wiping the sweat and tears.

"Tell me, my bachcha, what troubled your dreams tonight? You can share it with me," he encourages, wanting to alleviate the burden that weighs on Adi's heart.

Adi, still catching his breath, opens up about the vivid and unsettling dream involving his brother Dev and the confrontation with Aarav.

As he recounts the distressing events, Rajiv listens attentively, his fatherly concern deepening.

With a comforting embrace, Rajiv reassures Adi, "It was just a nightmare, my jaan. Dev is fine, and Aarav is loving you somuch to say such words baba. Remember, you are surrounded by love and safety here. Close your eyes, and let the warmth of our home dispel the shadows that linger from your dream."

As Adi gradually calms down, the room returns to a peaceful stillness, the nightmare's grip slowly loosening.

Rajiv stays by his side, offering the unwavering support that only a father can provide .

"Adi, my dear," Rajiv whispered, his voice a soothing balm. "It's just a bad dream. You're safe here with us."
He continues to speak in soft tones, reassuring his son that the nightmare was just a figment of the imagination.

If it's an extreme nightmare, only Adi will wake from his sleep, shaking. Rajiv understands his son needs to speak out. He says, while softly wiping the sweat and tears.

Adi's eyes, haunted by the shadows of the dream, slowly focused on his father's face. After identifying his father's caring, soft eyes, Adi leaned his small body against his father's chest, making himself tiny.

He cried, and Rajiv carefully stroked his baby's hair to provide comfort.

"Papa, I am scared. I don't know what I will do if you don't come to that police station. Every day, every minute in that mansion without mommy, I am so alone, papa. I always stay with darkness. Every day, I pray to God and ask to send mumma home. When I went to the police station, after coming home, I lock the room and close my eyes. Everything, sounds and silence, kills me, papa. Now, I can't live away from you, papa. I can't. Please, I don't want to go away. I want all of you. I want all of-"

He cried aloud, breaking Rajiv's heart brutally.

"Shhh, no, my bubba, no. I am here. See, I am here. I will never, ever throw you out, baby. You are our angel. See, nothing will happen, okay? Calm down, my baby. Papa is here. Calm down. "

Rajiv continued to stroke his son's hair, a gesture filled with paternal love.

"Don't let the nightmares define you, Adi, In these moments, remember, you are surrounded by love and safety. Your nightmares can't hurt you here, my precious one." Rajiv spoke softly, his concern evident.

"We're here for you, always. You're stronger than these dreams, my baby."

As Adi's breathing steadied, Rajiv offered words of comfort, enveloping him in a protective embrace.

"Those dreams can't hurt you, my love. We're a family, and together, we face everything. Now, close your eyes and let the warmth of our love wash away the darkness."

Adi's papa understood the weight of his son's emotions, the silent battles fought within.

With unwavering love, Rajiv became the anchor, grounding Adi in the reassurance of familiar support.

The room filled with the soothing cadence of Rajiv's comforting words, a melody of love and understanding.

Even as he is relaxed by his father's comfort, his mind is running wild. Because always his nightmares are about the past and the torture he went through, but now it's about his Dev bhaiyu, about their family, and about their future.

He can only pray to God. He doesn't want to be a trouble for their family.

Even in the dreams, it's making him shiver in fear. He buries his face into his father's embrace, believing everything will be okay.

Will it be okay?