ɪᴄᴇᴅ ᴄᴏꜰꜰᴇᴇ

𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐨𝐫 to the Percy Jackson auditions, Sherley decided to go for a walk to clear her head. She wore her new white dress that she bought the other day and put on her sneakers.

"bye mom, i'm going for a walk!" She exclaimed holding her phone and keys.

"Okay honey, be careful." Her mom answered.

Walking down Cornelia Street, her mind was filled with anxious thoughts like:
"what if i don't get the part?"
"what if they laugh at me?"
"what if i didn't practice get enough?"
"am i good for the role?"

Breathing in the fresh air coming from the trees, she calmed down and reminded herself that it was just a  role. Her thoughts were suddenly interrupted when she felt someone collide with her making them both fall to the floor.

𝐈𝐜𝐞𝐝 𝐜𝐨𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐞 was splashed everywhere, but mostly on her new white dress. "iced coffee? are you fucking serious? watch where you're going." She complained.

"oh my god, i'm so sorry; are you okay?" The mysterious guy got up and held out his hand for her.
Pushing his hand away, she got up on her own and
walked away nudging his shoulder as she did so.

"hey, what's your problem? it was obviously an accident and i already apologized." He replied snarkily.

"you know what, i've had a god awful day and you spilling coffee on me isn't gonna make it better, so piss off." She storms away from him dropping her favorite bracelet without noticing.

The sight leaves the guy standing there in shock. Watching her leave, he decided to go back home so he could rant to his sister about what had just happened to him, but not before noticing something shiny on the floor. It was the girl's gold bracelet that she dropped when she was telling him off. Looking around with the intention of giving it back to her, he realizes she's out of view. Sighing, he goes back home with the bracelet in his hand.

On her way back home, she was fuming. Literally. She immediately went from nervous to mad in just a matter of seconds. Like, how oblivious can one be to just walk into someone else and spill iced coffee all over them? I just bought this dress a few days ago!
_______________

It was the next day, and Sherley was on her way to audition for Annabeth. As she got out of the car, she was filled with nerves and anxious thoughts, but she reminded herself that it was just a role and it wasn't the end of the world if she didn't get it. She also wondered who would play her significant other in the series. Entering the building where she would audition in, she takes a seat; but she notices something in the corner of her eye.

Is that? The iced coffee man? "Are you fucking serious?" She whispers under her breath. Thanking the Gods that she wasn't wearing something white and he wasn't drinking anything, she relaxed into her seat and ignored the curly head sitting in-front of her. A few minutes pass and she hears her name getting called, her hands shaking, she stands up and prepares herself.

He can't believe it. The rude girl that he accidently spilled coffee on, is auditioning for Annabeth. He watches as she stands up and walks towards the lady who called her name. This can't be, she would be an absolute devil to work with. He breathes in and calms down. "It's fine Walker, she's probably not gonna get the role anyways." He reassures himself, deep down knowing he was wrong.

♡♡♡♡

If she told her younger self that she would be standing in-front of the author of her favorite book, she would never believe her, but lo and behold here she is, standing here; she would've been so proud.

One of the interviewers cuts her thoughts short as she asks her to introduce herself. "Hello, my name is Sherley Kendrick, i am 14 years old and born in this town. And i am auditioning for Annabeth Chase." She replies. The interviewer asks her to recite all few lines from the first book. Taking in a big breath, she starts acting out the lines that she's memorized. It all feels so natural, like Annabeth is her and she is Annabeth ; she loves every second of it. When she finishes, the author thanks her for her time and tells her that his team will inform her if she gets the role in an email. Getting up from her seat, she leaves feeling happy and confident.

As she walks out, she immediately spots those captivating blue eyes staring at her. She rolls her eyes and leaves, never forgetting how he ruined her favorite new dress.

A/N: hey guys!! so its my first story and im so excited to be sharing with ive prepared. thank you for taking ur time to read this story, i will try to post everyday about 2 chapters but no promises! please comment and leave votes if you like the story! 🤍
and credits to my bestfriend sherley (who inspired this story) for helping me!! go follow her on tiktok if you like dylan obrien edits. her name is: voidsmaze!