ᴏᴡᴇ ʜɪᴍ.

It can't be him. I told myself, trying to calm down, which only resulted in an even more painful sensation in my stomach.
It was like being punched in the gut only ten times more intense, it was even like getting knives stabbed in you. I sat there helpless in the dark of my room.

Why, how does he still affect me so much?

Walkers pov:

You know when those words slip out, even though you know they aren't true? It's like a sudden gust of wind that carries them away, leaving you with a sickening feeling deep in your gut. It's as if your stomach churns, aching with the weight of those false words. You're left feeling a mix of regret, guilt, and a touch of nausea.

I walked back to my room, sighing as I realized what kind of person I was with Sherley back there.

She didn't deserve that. At all. I didn't deserve her.

I couldn't even believe what came out of my mouth. I cared about her, a lot. More than i wanted too.

And maybe she was right, maybe I was a little jealous and lashed out.

But why would I ever be jealous?

The guilt was practically eating me inside out as I opened the door to my hotel room.

Just as I decided I would talk to her on the phone so she has the freedom to respond at any time she wanted, I realized that my phone was dead and that my charger was missing.

Shit.

I must've left it in her room.

I paced around my own room, trying to figure out what to do. I mean, i couldn't just walk in her room casually like nothing happened. I was an absolute asshole.

I sighed and walked to the bathroom, hesitating before opening the connected door we shared.

I shook my head and walked in her room quickly, forgetting to knock due to the stress taking over me.

I look around for her but I can't see anyone or anything given the time and the very dim lighting.

"Sherley?" I whisper softly, in hopes of not bothering her or waking her up if she was asleep.

I dont hear anything in return. In fact, all I could hear was heavy breathing coming from.. her.

I turn around to the source of the sound.

The sight broke my heart in a million pieces.

There she was, leaning on the wall, curled up into a ball, hugging her knees to her chest. She seemed to struggle with her breath, as if the air around her had become heavy and hard to catch. As if her lungs were caught in a constricting grip, making each inhale a challenge. Her chest rose and fell with a sense of unease, as if she was grappling with an invisible force. It was a moment of vulnerability, where the weight of emotions seemed to suffocate her, leaving her searching for a breath of relief.

The girl in the midst of a panic, emotions in a tangle.
Her heart racing, breaths shallow and quick,

"sherley?" i say in a quiet voice, my voice giving away my shock.

Finally noticing me, she looks up at me with tears running down her face, and looks away.

"go away walker." she says, her voice cracking in between the difficult words she forced herself to say.

Words can't explain what he was feeling at that moment. He felt so much anger, towards himself.

He was the sole reason for her pain and suffering, knowing half of the things he blurted out were false.