ꜱᴏᴜᴘ

While Walker was asleep on my lap, a thousand things were roaming through my brain, like a swirling tornado of thoughts, and they just kept coming one after another.

I guess i was too busy to think about what happened to me that night, but now that the hotel was empty, and the only person who could keep me busy was asleep, my worries were picking at every part of my mind.

"was that him?"

Like a broken record, that was my main thought, a never-ending loop in my battleground of negative emotions.

I snapped out of my trance, deciding that i couldn't let that thought get to my head, but deep down, i already knew, i thought about it enough for it t0 be engraved, like a tattoo in the middle of my tangled web of chaotic thoughts.

Plus, what better distraction then to make soup for the first time without any help, it would be a piece of cake, right?

——

Well turns out, it was indeed not a piece of cake.

The kitchen was a mess, like someone barfed up appliances everywhere, ingredients were spilled on the floor, and i kept slipping on them, and it was a miracle i hadn't woken up the blondie sitting in the other room.

And at this point, i wasn't gonna have any fingertips left from all the times i accidentally burned them, i was gonna strangle someone because of this salty ass dish and on top of all that, the soup didn't even turn out that good.

I figured that the soup would make Walker sicker then he already was, plus, that thing that i just created was hotter than me, so now i had a kitchen to clean up, fingertips to repair, and a sick teenage boy to take care of.

Who am i?? A housewife? Because i was NOT made for this lifestyle.

I thought deeply, deciding on just giving him the soup when he wakes up.

Well, i didn't have to wait long for that, because not even a second after, i heard shuffling in the living room and i could already hear his relentless complaints starting.

Rolling my eyes, i poured him soup in a bowl, and i made my way towards him.
Walking, i could see him in the corner of my eye, but i couldn't take a proper look at him because suddenly, i found myself on the floor, with soup in my hair and on my clothes.

If you could only see the sight, because Walker was dying laughing, and i was full on ready to punch him.

"i spent an hour making this godforsaken soup, only for it to fall on me, and you start laughing." i say angry,as i get up from my place on the floor.

It was silent for a few moments, and only then i realized that Walker had stopped laughing. That wasn't Walker likely?

But what also wasn't Walker likely was him having a sympathetic look on his face, almost as if he felt appreciated.

I witnessed his face undergo a remarkable transformation, evolving from playful banter to genuine appreciation, as if his features were a canvas that artfully expressed his admiration.

"you spent an hour making soup for me?" he asks, his voice low and raspy.

"well i owe you, don't i?" i reply back snarkily, with my hands on my hips.

"it's just, i'm not really used to it." he answers me.

"used to what? its just someone making food for you, except i got it the hard way, and now i'm covered in the soup."

For a split second, i saw a look on his face that made my stomach flutter, but then he turned back to his normal self.

"anyways, i can already tell that you've never cooked before, because i woke up like a thousand times due to your loudnesses."

I sensed a subtle shift in his demeanor, a gentle redirection of the conversation's course. Deep down, i understood that he veered away, shielding me from glimpsing that vulnerable side of him. It was as if he sought to preserve the image he had carefully crafted, guarding his innermost self from my watchful eyes.

"oh shut up and go eat." i wave him off as i walk off to change my clothes.

He smiles and goes to the kitchen, where i follow after i change and pour him another bowl of soup, but this time careful not to slip on anything.

As he tries the soup, i could see his face contorting into different emotions, first appreciativness, then confusion, then disgust, and that disgust lingered to the point where he threw up in the bowl.

Guess i wouldn't make soup again for a longggggg time.

                                                                        ________________________

After we both got cleaned up, and i fixed up the kitchen to how it originally looked like, we decided to order some real food since Walker kept bullying me for hours on end because of my cooking.

The urge to sew his mouth shut was very strong.

Though i couldn't lie, he was starting to grow on me, slowly but surely. Like a budding flower, he blossomed with each passing day, revealing a delightful sense of humor and a warmth that touched my soul. It was as if he had unlocked a hidden chamber within me, where laughter and kindness resided, and I couldn't help but be captivated by his ever-growing charm.

But, still, he was Walker, so i couldn't expect a lot out of him.

After our order came, we decided to watch a movie that contained Dylan O'brien, like obviously?
But Walker didn't like that thought, so we kept fighting on and off till i threatened to strangle him in his sleep.
I guess threatening works with him because he shut up faster than a sneeze.

We decided to watch the Death Cure (after a lot of death threats), but he shut up and ate his food while we watched the movie.

Well, if you've never seen me after watching any Maze Runner movie, you should know that i'll be bawling my eyes out, especially since there are sad deaths in this movie, so it was definitely a shock for the clueless guy next to me.

We sat for a few minutes in silence while i got it all out of my system, even though i've watched this movie 8937362792 times.

"uhm, are you okay? like mentally and physically?"

"shut up walker." i say sniffling, wiping my tears.

He laughed, and i threw a pillow at him.

"HEY! IM SICK! you cant be throwing pillows at me!"

"oh please." i say rolling my eyes and flipping him off.

I giggled a bit seeing the shocked look on his face, he smiled at me, showing his pearly white teeth, while also flipping me off. Safe to say, that night, despite that he was sick, was probably one of our funnest days yet.

A/N
HEYY GUYSS 😭😭😭
IM SO SOSOSOOS SORRY FOR BEING SO INACTIVE
but its because i've been so unmotivated 😭😭
buttt yesterday i was watching tiktok and i got s0 bored so i decided to come back and write a rlly small chapterr
and i changed my writing style a bittt
and ofc sherley helped me
anyways love u guys and i'll try to post an episode this week!