Home Invasion, Part Two

"I don't bring people over to my house. Maya, you're the intruder here." he raises his eyebrows.

His hands move, one sliding to my lower back, making my heart race. The other stays securely on my waist. It seems impossible to break eye contact with him now. He clenches his jaw. I'm not sure what it means yet.

"I am the intruder?" I ask, surprised. "Because I recall your mom leaving me no choice but to rescue you from that sad little... moment you had going-" I laugh as he mutters, "Okay, enough..." Before I realize it, his lips are on mine.

At that moment, a realization hits me — I'm in deep trouble. But I can't find the strength in me to pull away. His touch is gentle, the silence enevelops us, and the moment is just right. It's as if my whole being is fizzing. There's no better way to describe it. I wrap my arms around his shoulders, drawing him closer.

My mind drifts away... it's only me and him at this moment. My hands smoothly traverse his wet hair. I kept trying, yet resisting feels impossible. There's an inexplicable pull towards him, and I find myself adrift, secretly scared of the magnetism that keeps drawing me in.

His touch is tender, and it feels like I'll never want to let go. My heart intensely aches thinking about it already, a realization that dawned after my mind drifted away, letting my heart speak, sending shivers of fear down my spine. Then, he kisses persistently, and a silence descends, or rather, a passionate... focus envelops everything.

And it feels like hours pass...

Under the moon's silent gaze, I stare into Koa's eyes. His hand gently touches my cheek as we almost float in the water. And he smiles, suggesting, "Maybe we should..." Before he finishes, I realize how much time has passed. "Yeah, let's head back," I exhale, letting go of him and making my way to the shore.

He dives into the water and swims for what feels like minutes. I try to track him but it's too dark to see. As I step out, the air chills me. A chilling mist hangs eerily around us on the beach. It's actually a pretty cold summer night. I wring out my dress, shivering. Koa, shaking water from his hair like a dog, bolts across the beach, yelling, "Agh! It's too cold!"

I laugh, chasing after him. The stroll to his house spans about fifteen minutes, yet the mist makes it hard to see beyond five meters. Holding my slippers, I let the wind dry me as we run. "Wait! Wait!" I exclaim, pausing. "Aren't your parents...?" I start, but he rolls his eyes and replies, "They're not home right now, business party, come on!"

We keep running, and I can't help but giggle loudly within. Never thought I'd be sprinting on a private beach, drenched in my 500-dollar sundress, barely hiding anything at the moment, chasing some guy... Okay, wait, this sounds kind of crazy.

But at this moment, nothing else seems to matter. All worries and concerns vanish; my shoulders and back feel light. My stomach keeps reminding me how excited I am.

I stop as the mansion lights appear through the palm trees. Koa glances back at me, then decides to walk next to me. We pause to catch our breath, sharing a smile. His hair is already drying, surprising me. When he catches me looking, I don't turn away this time. Instead, he steps closer and steals a quick, forceful kiss on my lips. I laugh and stumble back a little.

"I've been thinking about your question," I start, giving him a side glance, curious to see if he remembers...

He gazes at me, puzzled for a moment. He runs his hand through his hair, his side profile is admirable in this light... After some thought, he looks ahead. "The night of the Hotel opening? he asks, smirking. I nod slowly.

"Your worst fear? You said you're scared of many things," he quotes me.

"Yeah, I'd like to redeem that answer," I reply.