Betrayal, His Eyes

The day after Maya came over and intruded in my house, I fell from a tree, and I'm still not over that. I brought her to our secluded beach, an image of her floats roamfree in my head... She's in her sundress, completely soaked, bathed in moonlight, it keeps replaying in my mind, highlighting her beautiful silhouette.

I've been reminiscing about the morning after that night...

I take a drag of my cigarette while driving her home. She looks stunning in the passenger seat right there, her hair dancing in the wind. It's tempting to keep looking at her... but I worry she might call me a creep again. Then again, I don't really care; I've managed to make her like me, I believe.

"I'm so dead, never been this deeply buried in the ground," she mutters. She takes a deep breath... She seems to be nervous to go home, I frown trying to figure out how to calm her down: "What are you talking about? It can't be that bad, just sneak in; they won't even notice," I exhale smoke out the window as I say this.

Fuck. I really hope she doesn't mind my smoking, does she care? She hasn't made a comment about it so far. Then she says: "You don't know my dad."

She does something that sends signals through my body, veins, mind, and soul. Putting her leg up on my dashboard, do I have to repeat myself? Soft, sweet legs on my dashboard. My heart races a lot faster. Jesus Christ, what is this woman doing to me? I'm losing sanity.

Shit, she caught me staring, so she pulls her leg back. I expected a scolding for peeking, but she cutely apologizes; she's oblivious sometimes. We make eye contact—her pretty brown eyes locking with mine.

I scoff and lean in a little, hoping for a kiss, she laughs nervously not noticing me.

I shake my head and smile at her, recovery! I don't think she saw it. And she says, "eyes on the road..." Fuck me, am I really that awkward? I hate myself, sometimes...

"I know where I'm driving," I keep looking at her, knowing the road is empty right now. God I'm in huge problems because of this woman, I already know it. I'm falling... deep. I should have known... ever since that day at the beach, at the showers... I shouldn't have tried. Why am I always like that? Always trying to prove something, now look what it has gotten me into. I can't back away anymore... Then she breaks into my thoughts, still looking at her...

"You're a pushover," she declares and I laugh.

I laugh as I turn the corner, entering her street. I wish I could spend more time with her, just to escape... Should I ask her out on a date? Or wait until I see her at school? Wait, what? Am I really gonna ask her out? Maybe I shouldn't. I can't do anything serious. I was gonna hurt her so badly...

I glance to my right and notice she's lost in thought, looking almost scared. It worries me, and I don't think while taking her hand; it's so cold. Why is she so cold? "You'll be fine," I reassure, guiding her hand to the stick shift, using both of ours to shift gears. Luckily, I managed to make her smile.

I come to a stop in front of her house, still contemplating if I should ask her now or not. But my thoughts are so scattered it doesn't feel even appropriate. "Thanks, Koa," her voice sounds tired, it's kinda hot. I shake my head, replying, "Don't mention it. Have a good night."

She opens the door and steps out. I was hoping for a kiss, or maybe I could've kissed her, but getting out of the car now would be awkward, I think. Fuck! Missed my chance. If I had asked her on a date, she probably would have kissed me.

As my thoughts vanish, I see her quickly spin around, hop back into my car, lean over the seat, and passionately kiss me. My stomach warms up, and I can't help but laugh as she presses her lips on mine. She's all I want to be around... I hold her tightly before she dashes off towards her backyard.