Chapter 6.

Sunday 9th January
10 am

Cassidy

BANG BANG BANG

"Cassidy Reins Jone! Don't make me come into your room again! Servers your behind right for coming in so late knowing we are having guests today." Mama yells from my door.

"The bbq ain't until 3pm Mama."

"What's your point ?"

"It's 10 am, why do we have to be up so early?"

"Because we've got things to do. Now get your butt up. You doing the wings, ribs and my recipe for the peach cobbler."

"But Mama, why do I need to learn how to make the peach cobbler if you're right here."

"Don't ask me no questions girl and don't make me come back in here again."

And with that she shut my door. I was screaming internally.

-

Sunday 9th January
5 pm

Alexa play What's luv ? By fat Joe ft Ashanti

The BBQ was very much underway.

People had only really just started turning up now because you know black people can't be on time for anything.

I kept it real cute but real fly with my outfit choice today.

Mama said my first outfit was embarrassing her in front of her friends because of the lack of material it had

Mama said my first outfit was embarrassing her in front of her friends because of the lack of material it had. She said it made me look poor.

I tried to explain to her it was fashion but she wasn't tryna hear me and I want tryna fight a losing battle.

Overall it was a good vibe, people were enjoying my food which I loved and the music was hitting the right spot.

I was ready to chill. Rae had gone into the house to take a nap after she finished eating. That girl iron be so low.

"Cassidy Reine!"

I guess that's over.

"Yes Ma'am." I say as I walk over to my Mama.

"Hey baby. I want you to meet a very good friend of mine. In fact a sister whom I love dearly." Mama said as she embraced this woman tightly.

"Hi aunty." I say holding out my hand.

"Oh baby girl I do hugs." She says pulling me into her. "You can call my Mama Ange. You are absolutely beautiful."