Chapter 16.

Thursday 3rd March
4:50 pm

We had officially been on the road for an hour and I was the only one still awake.

Surprisingly, Mo and Rae had not killed each other and were being cordial.

Cassidy and I on the hand still hand unfinished business as far as I was concerned.

Flashback

"I've seen and tasted every single part of your body Cassidy. I'm engraved on your body like my ink is to mine. I know every mark, every scar, every texture and every shape that makes up your body. You and I both know that mark wasn't there before, so try again."

"Transparency moment? Can we just put a pin in this for now and just enjoy being there for Dior? I promise you I'm good. In due time, I'll tell you all you want to know. Trust me." She replied with sincere eyes as she played with my drawstring.

Transparency moments were moments of relief if you will, that we had incorporated into our relationship. They were moments where we would grant that person relief regarding an issue they weren't ready to talk about yet.

Was I annoyed that she wanted a transparency moment no, was I annoyed that it had come after she had attempted to lie to me, yes.

I trusted Cassidy a lil bit more and more everyday but the worse thing she could ever do is lie to me.

That's one thing that would cause me to pull back completely.

I sighed before responding to her.

"Why'd you lie to me mamas?"

"Because I didn't want you to worry. I know it was stupid."

"That's a dub Cassidy cause you still turned your phone off. So I was worried about yo ass regardless."

"You right baby. I'm sorry."

She wrapped her arms around my neck kissing my lips gently.

"Please just be patient with me."

I just kissed her lips in response.

Flashback

She was to me what kryptonite was to superman.

A weakness I couldn't refuse.

Alexa play know that you are loved by Cleo Sol

All of us had pulled back our seats and made them into beds. Rae and Mo on one and Ci and I on the other.

I felt Cassidy stir in her sleep a few times before opening her eyes.

As I looked down at her I noticed small scratches on her neck. The sight left me uneasy. But again, we'd revisit it at another time.

"You okay mamas?" I said wrapping my arms around her tighter and kissing her neck and shoulder from behind.

She moved around a little bit more before opening her eyes.

"I'm good baby. You managed to get to sleep yet ?"

"Nah but I'm good cakes. You know I don't need sleep."