Chapter 21

Dave

"Whatcha ya moms talking about Ci?" I say entering the room

"God David you scared the crap outta me!" She said placing her hand on her chest.

I walk further into the room standing in front of her as she is sitting on the bed.

"What fight is your moms referring to Ci?"

"Huh?" She said innocently.

"If you can huh you can hear."

She looked down at phone looking she was contemplating on how to answer me.

"I'm not gonna ask you again Cassidy."

"What happened to the transparency moment?"

"That shit went out the window when whatever this fight was is causing you to wake up in a constant panic. Oh and you tried to lie to me about it. I've seen them scratches on your neck too."

"It's not even that serious." She says as she gets off the bed to walk towards the door.

"Don't walk away from me when I'm talking to you Ci. Kill that disrespectful shit because you don't want me to match energy."

She turns around and pauses whilst looking at me in my eyes.

"I fought Chard."

"What you mean you fought Chard?" I say looking lost as hell.

That explains the marks. She came out with barely a scratch on her. I can't wait to see what Chard's ass looks like.

"Look, she put her hands on Ma and trashed the shop. I don't care about her trashing the shop because I can get that fixed. But once I saw how she did Ma, I lost it."

I was getting tight.

"Why ain't you call me Ci!?"

"Cause I had it handled!"

"Clearly not since you damn near having panic attacks!"

She rolled her eyes as I continued.

"You made a stupid decision that could have serious consequences. You know you still in school. What if Chard's dumb ass pressed charges or something."

"I was careful David Damn!"

"Were there witnesses around ?" I said getting closer to her face.