Chapter 14

Thursday 3rd March
10 am

Rae

"How you feeling about everything today?" Cassidy asks whilst sipping on her tea

We were having impromptu facials before travelling tonight. I couldn't wait to see my lil cherry drop.

We talked it over 2 weeks ago and decided to do a road trip which I was excited for. What I wasn't excited for was spending 4 hours in a car with Mo's stupid face.

We rented a big van with a driver so no one would have to drive.

But right now I don't know how that was going to work.

"I mean, I've calmed down but I still don't want to see Mo. Especially since our argument last night. This nigga had the audacity to call me out my name."

"I hear you and I'm definitely about to get in his ass for that. He knows he know better but ya'll gotta get it together for babygirl."

"I know, I know." I say nodding my head and agreeing.

I know how much Dior dealt with anxiety and I didn't want to add to her stress. Us being at each other's throats was not going to help her.

but I just wanted to smack Mo across the mouth.

Repeatedly.

With a pistol.

"You know we keep it 100 with each other whether we want to hear it or not." Cassidy said looking up at me.

I roll my eyes already knowing where this is going even though I knew she was probably going to be right.

"You know you wrong for still talking to that man Rae. Knowing you guys have been sexually intimate more than once and that he's damn near obsessed with you."

I can't lie she wasn't wrong. I really put it on him.

"It wasn't intentional Ci. And the funny thing is, if Mo would've came to me calmly I would've cut Trey off immediately. No questions asked. But once you come at me crazy, I clock the type of timing you on and match energy in this bitch."

"That's valid mama. He never should've came on the energy he did. His point isn't entirely wrong but his delivery definitely was. Besides, I know him flirting with females pisses you off."

I look down at my matcha stirring it with a teaspoon.

"I mean sometimes..."

"Exactly, ya'll just have to compromise."

"What's this word you speak of?" I say with a goofy look on my face.

"That, Rae Antoinette, is when you take into account your partners feelings and make reasonable changes to accommodate and make them happy. In other words, Trey gotta go and his flirting ways gotta go too. Both of these aren't unreasonable requests."