𝐄𝐏. 45

✧˚ ༘ ⋆。 ˚ 𖤐
┆⋮#༘⋆⤷ CHAPTER
FORTY-FIVE ; PART-TIME LOVER .
───────────────────────

•••

I see the school in the distance and let out a sigh of relief, my brows furrowing as I watched the passing trees, the sky still a dark red. Malik kept his shotgun close meanwhile I had used my binoculars to keep an eye out.

"What the-!" Ashlyn suddenly stops the jeep and it had swerved, making everyone clamor in shock.

"What was that for?" Tyler asks angrily.

"There was a giant tree root in the road-?" Malik says confusedly as he looked at the road again, "that's strange— shouldn't this street be maintained or something?"

"Are you sure this is right?" I asked logan.

"I'm positive...but there were never roots in the way." Logan said. "Ah! yeah, there's the gas station we usually...pass?"

My eyes squint as I saw something in the distance, "okay— now what in the actual hell is that?" I asked while looking closely at the thing.

"This is getting uncomfortable...maybe we should find a different road—" ash says.

Malik eyes suddenly dilated. "Drive."

"What—?" Ashlyn suddenly felt her heart start to beat fast.

"DRIVE!" Malik shouted and ashlyn starts the jeep, speeding off.

"Something—something was in the trees." Malik says shakily. "I- whatever it was— it wasn't a phantom..."

"We gotta turn back!" I shout.

"We can't!" Malik tells me.

"Why not?!" I replied confusedly.

Malik shakily points behind him with his thumb, "because...it's right behind us."

END OF CHAPTER FORTY-FIVE

(the next chapter is for the season finale, I want to warn you, it's graphic and has heavy detail of death and blood. please be careful when reading. cause I guarantee you, not everybody in this next chapter will make it out.)