𝐄𝐏. 56

✧˚ ༘ ⋆。 ˚ 𖤐
┆⋮#༘⋆⤷ CHAPTER
FIFTY-SIX ; FUNGUS .
───────────────────────

•••

I had awoken after I was drugged with something, my eyes were droopy as I sat up. I grunted and noticed I wasn't at home— I was inside some type of white room.

The door to my room opens, "oh- hi, sorry- I don't mean to startle you. how are you feeling?" A man asks as she was wearing blue scrubs.

I don't reply and glanced at the camera at the top corner of the room, "where are my friends? where's ben and malik?" I asked.

"Oh don't worry— the other two asked about you as well, they're fine." The man replies, I just stepped back and huddled myself in the corner.

•••

Malik was currently pacing around as he sat in the room alone, his hands shaking a bit as he clutched his chest— hoping there was no wound there.

"Ah, you've finally awoken." A person says as they set aside his tray of food on the table, malik turns to them and glared, just awhile ago he threw a chair at the camera that was on— least to say his strength was off the charts.

Where were his parents? Malik was growing more and more frustrated by the minute, "laissez-moi sortir d'ici (let me out of here)." he demanded angrily as he eyed the person closely.

"There's something I wanna show you." The person said as they gave a soft smile, "and don't worry— your friends are okay."

"I don't wanna see whatever you gotta show me." Malik said as he watched the them closely, eyeing them up and down.

In the mirror the second shadow that was behind malik was grinning, reaching for his shoulder and unhinging its jaw.

"That's fine." The person replies, "the hostility towards me is understandable. I'll show you whenever you're ready, after all..you're the key to—"

They hear something clang down the hall which makes them cut their sentence short, "I have to go. but I'll talk to you again later." they say before walking away and shutting the door behind them.

Malik just watched as they walked away, the second shadow appeared once more and malik hadn't even noticed until the last moment, a hand touched his shoulder and dug into his skin but he hadn't felt that either.

He sat on the bed as he pulled his knees close to his chest, he touched his hair and looked at the mirror that was inside his room— he sees it was changed to a short auburn wolf cut. he'd just wish these people would stop messing with his hair, honestly.

"Wait a second.." malik trailed off with furrowed brows as his breath hitched, he pulled back the sleeve of the grey sweatshirt they had given him and as well as the grey sweatpants.

His eyes widened when he saw the bite mark on his arm, there were dark veins traveling up his arm.

Malik suddenly lurched forward and fell onto the floor, when he hit the ground it was hard causing him to cry in pain. he clutched his arm and his brows furrowed with confusion. "Why– why hasn't this gone away? this shouldn't exist in the real world."

His legs were shaky, he was sweating profusely too as his heartbeat was fast. "Please, please stop, stop..stop." he whispers to himself.

"Stop!" Malik shouted but the whispers continued, his chest growing heavy once more, he covered his ears as he suddenly started to cry.

Malik started to cry blood, his nose bleeding as well.

then suddenly the whispers stopped.

He breathes out a sigh of relief and glanced at the bite mark again, but it vanished like it was never there.

What was happening to him?

END OF CHAPTER FIFTY-SIX