** Memory 1 **

"I'm not either of those things... My genetics are just weird..." Amaru said while crossing his arms and slightly turning his head to Ikarus.

"I heard you go by your last name... Is that true?" Ikarus scooted slightly back, realizing he was super close to Amaru because he hadn't thought Amaru would actually look at him.
"I do... Is there something wrong with that?" Amaru let his gaze become sharp as he looked at Ikarus, his violet eyes glaring at Ikarus. "No, of course not! I was just curious, that's all. You never really talk to anyone except your sister... And I wanna learn about you." Ikarus smiled at Amaru.

Amaru couldn't help but roll his eyes. "This boy is much too cheerful... I might explode if he keeps forcing a conversation..." Amaru thought to himself.

"It's not that I'm quiet or anything, I just don't like any of you." Amaru responded, the passive aggressiveness trying its best to stay hidden whilst still being a very prominent thing in the way he spoke. "Oh, well that's one way to think of things..." Ikarus awkwardly laughed to himself.

Dara walked over to them, her hand holding another little girl's hand. "Look, Amaru! I made a new friend!" Dara smiled. "Her name is Emily!" Dara smiled while Emily waved at Amaru.

"Your hair is really pretty Mister!" Emily said with a wide grin. Amaru nodded his head to her, a soft smile on his face at her compliment.

"Thank you, I really appreciate that." He said softly.

Ikarus felt his heart start to race when he saw Amaru smile so softly to Emily, his face heating up as he tried to ignore the feelings in his gut. "E-Emily is my younger sister!" Ikarus stuttered as he spoke.

"I figured. You two look pretty similar." Amaru leaned down and gently patted both of the little girls' heads. "Perhaps we should go inside. Both of your faces are very red." Amaru spoke softly. "But Amaru–" "Dara, I don't want you, or your new friend to get sick. It's time to go inside." Amaru didn't enjoy scolding Dara, or even getting onto her, but when he did he knew he had a good reason.

He gently led both of the girls inside, stopping at the door and turning around. "You coming, Ikarus?" He said.

Ikarus' face lit up. "He remembered my name..." Ikarus' mind spun for a minute, then he sprinted over to Amaru. "Yeah! Yeah, I'm coming. Sorry..." He smiled softly.