**** Memory 4 ****

Amaru pouted. "I'm 170 centimeters! Cut me some slack!"

"...What's that in feet...?" Ikarus kept the ice cream out of Amaru's reach.

"5'7." Amaru pouted.

"Short."

"You little–!"

"Little what? Hm? Little you?"

Amaru grabbed the collar of Ikarus' T-shirt, pulling him down and glaring at him.

"Make fun of me again, and so help me I will–" Amaru paused, a soft feeling against his lips. He felt Ikarus' warm face in front of his own. His nose even brushed against Ikarus'.

His chest tightened and his face heated up. He didn't want to close his eyes...But he did. He let himself try to adjust to Ikarus' movements, but didn't know how he was supposed to; he then just stood there in silence.

Ikarus pulled back, now holding Amaru's ice cream in front of him.

"Here." Ikarus smiled.

Amaru shyly took the ice cream, his face burning while his lips stayed ever so slightly parted.

"...What...Just...Happened...?" Amaru thought to himself.

He felt something inside of him stir. "...Why would you let the destruction spawn...kiss you...?" A voice spoke in his head that wasn't his own.

Amaru hurriedly shoved the ice cream back into Ikarus' hands.

"...Y-You take it...I'm going to take a shower..." Amaru spoke quickly, his words clumsily falling off his tongue as he rushed to grab his towel and exit to the shower.

Ikarus stood still. Awkwardly standing there with the pint of cotton candy ice cream in his hand.

"Well that was weird..." Ikarus spoke aloud to himself.

"Tch...Why get so close to him? He'll end up a problem for you in the future anyway." A deep, demonic voice echoed through Ikarus' head.

"Well... I like Amaru, so I don't mind if he becomes a 'problem' to you later." Ikarus said.

Ikarus was speaking out loud to the voice echoing in his head. That voice was none other than a demon he's undoubtedly made a contract with.

Amaru stood in the warm shower. The water poured down his back, his hair stringy and wet as he stood there in silence.

"...Does he know about you? About your contract...? About me...?" The shy voice played through Amaru's head.

"No...Of course not." Amaru spoke in his head, or more specifically, to the demon that was now speaking to him.

"...How can you be sure...? He is contracted with Atakimaru after all..." The demon spoke again. Its voice was shy and light, almost like that of a young boy.