***** Memory 4 *****

"Oshita. I have no worries about Atakimaru." Amaru continued, "You know I don't fear his destruction. And I certainly don't plan to start now."

The demon, Oshita, hummed in acceptance. It didn't press any further to keep Amaru composed and calm.

When Amaru turned off the shower a few stray drops of water dripped down his back, most likely from his hair.

He was met with a knock at the door.

"One minute!" Amaru yelled, grabbing a towel and wrapping it around his waist.

He opened the door. It was Ikarus, the pint of ice cream still in his hand. This time, however, it was open and he held a spoon. The spoon had a fair amount of ice cream on it, enough to make a lovely taste. He smiled and offered it to Ikarus.

"Thought you might need something to cool you off." Ikarus paused. "Since you like boiling hot showers so much.

Amaru laughed. He didn't even bother taking the spoon from Ikarus. He leaned forward and took the bite right off of the spoon.

"Thanks, I needed that." Amaru smiled at Ikarus.

"HIM!" The demonic voice screamed in Ikarus' head. "HE HARBORS A CONTRACT WITH A DEMON!! EXECUTE HIM AT ONCE!!"

Ikarus' brows furrowed, the desperate screams echoing in his mind from the demon annoying him. He smiled at Amaru, relaxing his face in an attempt to not look as frustrated.

"Hm? You okay?" Amaru hummed.

Ikarus nodded. "Yeah, I'm good."

Amaru smiled, closing the door again so he could continue drying off and get dressed. Ikarus backed away from the door, stumbling back to his room with a frustrated look on his face.

"What the hell is your problem!?" Ikarus yelled while beating the side of his head with his fist. "Don't just yell at me like that in front of people! If he had figured something out, we would've been toast for sure!"

A tall demon materialized in front of him. He had a tall, muscular figure. His long hair was raven black. His attire was mostly black with some gray aspects here and there. Most of his clothing closely resembled old Chinese attire. His sleeves were rolled up, revealing a large sum of scars lining his arms.

"Just because I liked you enough to make a deal with you, doesn't mean I'm obligated to listen to you." The demon spoke. His voice wasn't necessarily demonic, but it was still deep and husky nonetheless.