****** Memory 1 ******

He sighed, first pouring ranch on it, then salt, then a little bit of pepper, garlic powder, but not too much, accent, season-all, and lastly, a bun of parsley.

Then he grabbed a wooden spoon, mixing the pasta until everything was evenly mixed.

"Dara! Come try a bite." Amaru yelled to the living room again. Dara's little feet running to the kitchen to taste it. He carefully got a noodle on the spoon and moved it over to Dara.

Dara quietly gasped. "You bought the bowtie pasta!" She smiled and danced around in excitement. Amaru nodded, a sweet smile appearing on his face.

Dara ate the noodles and made a face. "Too much seasoning! Add more ranch!" She said while moving over to the bowl and grabbing the ranch. "I can't reach the bowl!" She said while on her tippy toes trying her hardest.

Amaru smiled, carefully picking her up. "There, how's that?" Amaru let her pour in the ranch and mix it around. "Perfect!" She said while grabbing a noodle onto the wooden spoon and trying it. "Now it's perfect too!" She added.

"I'm sure it is." Amaru said while setting her down. "Alright, go play. I'll bring some to both of you. Plates or bowls?" Amaru spoke while opening the cupboard that held all of their plates and bowls. "Bowls please!" Dara yelled back, already in the living room.

"You got it." He grabbed two bowls, pausing and turning to Ikarus. "Plate or a bowl?" He said calmly. "Bowl, please." Ikarus responded, he watched Amaru nod and grab a third bowl. Amaru used the spoon to get out portions of food for everyone. He gave Emily and Dara smaller portions, while Ikarus got a larger portion.

He grabbed forks, putting one in each bowl and heading into the living room. Ikarus followed closely behind him. Amaru handed everyone their bowl, Dara thanked him and so did Emily. Ikarus stared at the food for a minute, thinking about it and then taking a bite. "Thank you, Amaru..." He said softly.

"You're welcome." Amaru responded, though he was talking to everyone. Amaru leaned against the door frame to the kitchen while watching everyone in the living room socialize and enjoy their food.

Dara asked for more, and shortly after so did Emily. Amaru smiled, taking their bowls and going back into the kitchen. He grabbed the wooden spoon again, putting more food into each bowl and bringing them back to the two girls.

"You want more Ikarus?" Amaru looked over to Ikarus, who had just finished his food. He shook his head, setting his bowl down on the table."Nah, I'm good. Thanks though." Ikarus let his gaze linger on Amaru.

"Did he ever get himself a bowl...? I only remember three bowls..." Ikarus thought to himself.

"Amaru?"

"Hm?"

"Are you not going to eat...?"

"..."

"Amaru...?"

"...I will..."

"...Eventually..."