****** Memory 4 ******

"It most definitely does mean you have to listen to me!" Ikarus scolded. "What were you even on about!?"

"Do you not realize that man you call Amaru, or whatever his name is, has a damn contract with a demon!?" The demon questioned with a frustrated tone. He crossed his scarred arms and huffed at Ikarus.

"So!? When has that ever been a problem for you before?" Ikarus rubbed his temples. "You're an Essence of Evil, why should someone else's contract worry you?"

The demon huffed again. "I believe that arrogant man is also contracted with an Essence of Evil..."

Ikarus froze. "Amaru...? Contracted with an Essence of Evil...? There's no way! He's a lot smarter than that!" Ikarus thought to himself.

"I can hear your thoughts." The demon cooed, an amused smirk playing on his face.

"Oh shut up Atakimaru!" Ikarus let out a

heavy sigh in response to the demon.

"I also know all of those weird romantic thoughts you have about him...And the perverted ones..." Atakimaru inspected the room as he spoke. His deep voice echoing through the room.

Ikarus' face flushed in embarrassment. "Well–! Don't think about the perverted part!! Think about the normal parts please..."

Ikarus almost shrunk to the ground in embarrassment. Oftentimes he'd forget that Atakimaru can hear and see everything he thinks, even the strange things.

"Do you even know the boy's real name?" Atakimaru turned to Ikarus. "Like, his first name?

Ikarus sighed. "No. Of course not. He doesn't tell anyone anything."

Atakimaru furrowed his brow.

"Awfully suspicious if you ask me...I say we take him in for further interrogation." Atakimaru didn't say the words aloud, thinking them in his mind, though his words transferred to Ikarus' mind.

"Interrogate him...? And how do you expect that to go down?" Ikarus questioned.

"Simple. When he returns, I will show myself to him and simply ask him questions until he complies." Atakimaru smiled mischievously at Ikarus, his grin was full of ill intent and obviously didn't have anything good in mind.