Chapter 26

"I wanted to start with this... the reason to why..." Artemis wanted to tell this story to someone else that wasn't apart of her family. She always was supported by her family... her brother and her father always supported her decisions. However, she never... got the feeling of having a true friend... having a true person to speak with. Ever since she met this strange boy... he was always weird to her. Staring at her with no intentions and just wanting to get away from her immediately. Being kind to her and even saving her little ones... there was something in her that told her that... she should trust him.

"Do you know... why I call men sinners and hate them?"

Issei shrugged his shoulders, "Was it because one of them cheated on you?" She shook her head and Issei tried again. "Because one of them abused you?" She shook her head once more. "Maybe... because one of them stole your fries?" Artemis could only chuckle at the silly response.

"No... it's because... one of them used my naivety against me and tried to force themselves upon me."

Widening his eyes, Issei was not expecting that as an answer. Artemis continued her little story. "You see... I was a naive woman. However, it felt like it was love at first sight. I had heard the many stories of men... how they were beasts... how they were monsters... but Orion was different. He was a true warrior... and he was someone who was interesting in my eyes. I would frequently go to his island and... play with the mere mortal."

Artemis smiled upon remembering the good times she would enjoy with Orion. "I loved that man with the bottom of my heart... but I feared that my father would have struck him down if he found out about our love."

Issei was just sitting down and watching this unfold. New knowledge for him... "However, there was a day where my brother found out. He told my father and I feared for the worst... Turns out... I was what your mortals call... a paranoid girlfriend. My father accepted it and it was the happiest moment of my life."

Then, Issei noticed the sudden shift in her facial expression. "I wanted to be with this mortal for the rest of my life... However, with my naivety came the betrayal. One of these days... Orion had decided to force himself upon me. Assaulting me while I was at my most vulnerable times... He nearly succeeded before my brother had appeared and struck him with his magic. I quickly got my bow... and I couldn't kill him... I just couldn't believe my eyes at his betrayal... the one thing that I meant was the one thing that he wanted to break. That's why... I had to banish him into the constellation after my brother had killed him for me... to always remind me of where my hatred began..."

After hearing the short story... Issei noticed the tears rolling down Artemis's beautiful face. She was broken like him... no... she was in a far more vulnerable state than him. She suffered a betrayal that... started out as true love.

She was betrayed by her first love... like he was...

"Artemis..." The Goddess looked at him with her eyes filled with tears. "I know I can't say anything meaningful that wouldn't come out cliche... But there is one thing that I want you to know..."

Walking gently to him with his goofy oversized shirt, he slowly wrapped his arms around her. Artemis froze a little at the touch, but she didn't pull back. It was evident that he had good intentions... "All those nightmares you must have experienced... all those dreams and hopes all crushed within a blink of an eye... It's time to let them go..."

Hugging her tightly, Issei watched as she broke down into his hold. "I may not be the smartest when it comes to love or friendship... but I for sure am a shoulder you can cry on."

She leaned more into his chest while hearing his words. "I may not be able to take away the pain that Orion caused... But I sure as hell am a friend you can rely on."

Artemis wrapped her arms around Issei and snuggled her head into his neck. "Have no fear Artemis... For I am here!"

There was one thing that people never understood about Issei. Perversion was what people always described Issei as, but the truth was that Issei was willing to help anyone in need. He was someone that never wanted to see someone go through pain when he could always be there to help. He didn't want to see people that he knew go through pain... it was something that always made him unique. However, people always remembered the bad in others rather than seeing the good... In this moment... Artemis saw the true Issei... the one that society never looked to. The one that society threw away and branded him the treacherous pervert. This was the Issei that Rias saw... the hero that wanted to save all... even when his words suggested otherwise.

"I promise Artemis... I will ease the pain to the point where you will forget about Orion." Artemis could only smile a little bit... the words were cliche and she knew that there was a very little chance of it happening. However, just hearing the words... just seeing her little hero being so determined... it sent this warm feeling in her heart... Issei was different compared to nearly all the other men that she had ever met.

'Oh shit... she's starting to crush me...' Artemis didn't care about anything else at the moment... she remained in Issei's hold... nearly crushing him with her godly strength. "Thank you... my hero."

—————————————————————

Reputation with Artemis has shot through the roof... You have changed Artemis.

—————————————————————

'Great job Issei... now Rias is the least of your worries...' Now this Goddess is going to be showing up at his house frequently.

While Issei was comforting Artemis, Rias was on the her grind... She was already bruised, beaten, and bloody from the beating that her brother gave her. However, she had become much more powerful in the way that she is able to infuse her body with her magical powers. Simple fixes from her brother had exploded her power into levels she never thought she could reach.

There was only one thing in her mind... 'This time... I'll be the one to save you Issei.' She smiled before closing her eyes to rest from her injuries. She would be treated with some Phoenix tears to bring her back to full capacity. Her rating game with Riser was fast approaching...

——————————————————————

If you enjoyed this chapter, please comment, vote, suggest anything, or ask questions.