Chapter 34

This story has been posted on WebNovel by me this time. I slightly altered the name to be DXD Issei: The Mind Of Games. Chapters will be posted there slightly earlier than here.

If you could review the story there and give your honest opinion, it would be greatly appreciated.

--------------------------

"Umm... Artemis... I didn't mean to worry you... umm... I... I'm sorry?" He didn't know what else to say... he had no experience with angry women.

Issei and Artemis had arrived back to Issei's house immediately after the slap Artemis delivered into Issei, which hurt significantly. It had chunked out Issei's health. Dealing more damage than nearly all of Kokabiel's health.

"Issei... Why did you think... STANDING IN FRONT OF THE BEAM AND TANKING IT WAS A GOOD IDEA?"

"Because I knew that I would live... Do you really think I am an idiot? I knew that I would be fine..."

"But what if you were too overconfident? What if you..."

Issei continued staring at her... the same blank stare he would always give her when he was serious. "I already told you... I had everything under control. I knew that the attack wouldn't hurt me much... I had multiple ways of dealing with the attack."

"Are you lying to me? Issei... you don't understand... if you die... there's no telling what I will do to myself... I might just follow you..."

Hearing that... Now Issei was getting even more concerned. "Artemis... trust me... Have I ever been in a pickle that I can't handle?"

"No... But what if that would have been the first? Issei, you don't seem to understand. It's not about tanking the blow, what if that attack was filled with some poison? What if that attack was filled with some other powerful curse? It's not always about the damage you take, but it's about the lethal magic within the attacks."

"Artemis... Just trust me... I'm not that much of an idiot."

Artemis sighed... reluctantly, she agreed and gently placed her hand on the spot that she slapped. "Just don't do that again... Or I will tie you down and keep you with me."

Laughing at the joke... Issei noticed that she wasn't laughing... Oh shit... she was serious.

"Umm... so... What do we do now?"

"I was planning on keeping you with me while I go and direct my hunt." Issei blankly stared at her while Artemis grinned. "And I'm not taking a no as an answer... I will have you with me no matter what you say. It's time for us to spend a nice, calm and relaxing day with each other."

Opening up his menu... Issei noticed that another dungeon had been unlocked. However, this one was different...

—————————————————

Land of the Giants

Mutation Dungeon: These dungeons are different as they don't have a boss in them. Rather, the further you go from spawn, the more powerful and better rewards you will receive.

Dungeon Recommended Level: 85

—————————————————

Issei entered the dungeon, leaving Artemis baffled in seeing him disappear out of existence.

"ISSEI! I WILL FIND YOU!"

With that, Issei arrived in majestical cave. The sapphire colored rivers flowed endlessly around as the surface that he stood on brightened with the color of the crystals reflecting the color of the river. The very open cave was filled with nothingness besides the crystals. Taking a single step forward, Issei was met with his first opponent of the dungeon.