Chapter 42

Issei was able to convince Artemis to let him go... How did he convince her. He simply ditched her. He would get hell for this later, but for now he needed to finish this quest.

Gabriel was seen sitting down impatiently, looking at the clock and pouting. Once Issei entered the room, she noticed that he was pretty badly bruised.

"Are you okay? Do you need someone to heal-"

That was when Issei decided to heal himself by drinking a potion, something was telling him that if he used Twilight Healing, he would have been in trouble. Now, staring at the beautiful blonde-haired woman, Issei sat down across from her. Sona had let Gabriel have the room to herself to speak with Issei, which is why Issei only found Gabriel in the room with no one else around.

"What did you need me here for?"

Gabriel sighed in relief seeing Issei in a much better condition, "I wanted to ask if you're willing to help me. You see, I need help with exploring a temple and it turns out, I'm actually afraid of the dark and creepy places. My brother didn't want to help me but... I really wanted to go!"

She really began whining in front of him... "Fine."

"So, when do you want to leave to visit the temple?"

"Sooner rather than later, I would rather finish this task than be left with it in the back of my mind."

Gabriel poured before speaking, "Fine! You don't have to be such a meanie about it!"

Gabriel got up and spread her hair to flow freely, smiling and grabbing Issei's hands, she began guiding him to a magic circle dead centered in the middle of the room underneath the table they were sitting around. How did Issei not notice it?

After entering the teleportation circle, Issei and Gabriel appeared right in front of the huge temple.

Standing in front of the creepy temple, Issei heard the very whispers of the lost souls that have wandered through this place beginning to become louder as the weather around the temple was shifted to a dark and stormy night. Gabriel, standing next to Issei, simply backed away and hid behind Issei.

"Do you see why I wanted to have someone else that is strong with me to deal with this temple?"

"Aren't you like... super strong or something? How are you afraid of some simple voices, a scary temple, and the weather?"

Smacking him slightly on the back and pouting again, Gabriel remained silent as Issei began walking forwards into the temple. Opening the front door with his strength, Issei noticed that not a single creature was to be seen around. They were in the middle of a jungle; he expected some rodents to be inhabiting this place.

He heard a scream and turned around to see Gabriel running at him and hugging him. "There was a scary monster behind us!"

Turning around and seeing a little rat outside the building, Issei sighed and knew that this was going to be a long day to remember. Entering the building and noticing the many blood stains covering the very walls that entrapped them, Issei watched as the blood stains also covered some ancient letters written on the walls. Shaking his head, Issei noticed the same fog that spawns in monsters beginning to cover the very temple itself from the inside. Gabriel noticed this and got confused as she looked to see a little bit of sweat dripping down Issei's face.

Issei knew what this meant. Last time this happened, he fought against a being that was stronger and more brutal than him in combat. Having Gabriel, who was weaker than him, around was going to be an issue.

"Issei, what is happening? Why do you seem so nervous?"

Turning around to see the exit, Issei couldn't be bothered having Gabriel around when fighting against monsters on his level. He needed to throw her out of the place before he would deal with this temple. However, he noticed that the door to the temple had shut with a magic seal covering it. "This was a trap! Gabriel, did you know that this was going to happen?" Speaking with such a calm tone, Gabriel knew that Issei meant pain if she answered wrong.