Chapter 32

"Hello... who is it?" Opening the door, Miki was expecting to find someone random. "Artemis... Is that my baby?"

In Artemis's arms was Issei... sleeping soundly in her arms while the Goddess carried the man all the way back to his house. The moment that Issei heard his mother, he began shifting in his sleep a little... Artemis could only glare slightly at Miki. The mother quickly kept her mouth shut while watching her son finally begin settling down again and snoring quietly.

Artemis began speaking, "Don't speak too loud... Issei is a little tired."

Miki nodded her head and moved out of the way. Seeing her son... sleeping so soothingly in the arms of another woman... was she truly the woman best for her little boy?

"You don't mind if I sleep inside of your son's room for the night? He really needs me..." Miki shook her head and smiled.

"Go ahead my dear... just make sure to be gentle with my son." Okay... she was definitely thinking of the wrong thing. Blushing slightly, Artemis walked away and into Issei's room. Laying him down nicely before getting in bed with him, she held him within her arms and closed her eyes.

"Good night my little hunter..." With that... Artemis fell asleep...

A couple hours in...

Issei opened his eyes to see himself stuck right on top of Artemis's chest. Her arms were tightly around his body while the blanket that they wore... was tangled around his body. He was stuck... and Artemis wasn't going to let him go that easily. She was holding him like a giant teddy bear. The reason why he woke up...

———————————————————

Boss Quest: Kokabiel has shown up, help defeat him

Reward: Level Up X 5

              +++ Reputation with Rias, her peerage, and her family

              +Equipment (Rare-Legendary)

Warning: Not doing this quest will result in the entire town falling into Kokabiel's trap and being blown into ashes.

———————————————————

Staring blankly at the quest menu, he realized that this was something that he couldn't avoid. Why did it have to happen to him when he was relaxing?

Slowly escaping from Artemis's clutches and replacing himself with the chest piece that he got from his most recent reward, which was much worse than his current one, and allowing for Artemis to hug onto that, Issei felt like a genius. "I have way too much of a galaxy brain sometimes."

"No... you're still an idiot."

Hearing the voice, Issei recognized it and knew who it was. "The weird gauntlet monster."

"I'm a dragon! Not a monster you moronic child!"

Staring blankly again at the wall while hearing that, Issei simply chuckled. "So... you're Ddraig?"

"Yeah... You're Issei... Finally, I have a normal host. I have been waiting to get someone who would be able to fight against the world. My previous host... the one you killed... I must thank you for killing her. She was a demon... a monster... someone who didn't deserve life."

Being reminded of Raynare, Issei narrowed his eyes. "I'll kill her again if I find her."

"Seeing how you killed her... I wouldn't doubt it. Speaking of which... How the hell did you her the Goddess of the Hunt... to fall for you?"