Chapter 8- A Living Nightmare

Elias was walking the halls of the castle; no one was around, and she was alone. Suddenly, a noise of screams was  heard from behind her. She turned around and saw no one. She only then continued to walk forward, and the screams started again. Elias turned around yet again. She saw nothing there. She continued to walk forward. Heat began to engulf Elias's senses, and a bright orange light came from behind her. Elias turned around to see a mysterious figure walking forwards with a trail of blood behind her. A raging fire seemed to come from behind her like a cape. It burned everything it touched, and ashes flew from it. The mysterious lady kept walking forward. A smile began to spread across her face, causing a feeling of danger to rush her body. As the mysterious figure got closer and closer, Elias began to fall to her knees, and tears threatened to breach the walls of her eyes. The figure only stopped as soon as they were right in front of her. Elias looked up and woke up. She had started to hyperventilate and shot up from her makeshift bed. The  chains holding her in place rattle upon the floor. The noise startled Elias, and she quickly tried to get up, but the chains pulled her back down. When she hit the floor, she realized that she was on what was temporarily the Ocean Reapers ship. Elias slid to the back of the room and waited until morning came. The door of the personal holding cell swung open, and an enraged figure entered the cell. "Why in the whole world are you this noisy at night?! I should just cut out your tongue. Maybe that would shut you up!" The Ocean Reaper yelled. Elias became frightened by the idea of having her tongue cut out; I mean, her sword was right on her hip. It was not entirely out out of the picture that she could do that to her. Elias saw the Ocean Reaper quickly grab her gun and pointed it at her. A bullet pierced her arm, and pain circulated her body. Elias had a pained expression as the Ocean Reaper began to walk towards her, putting her gun away. She, however, replaced it with her silver sword.  Elias looked up at the Ocean Reaper before the world just went black. Elias's stomach was hurting when she woke up; she quickly realized that she had not eaten anything since she was caught. The Ocean Reaper had not given her any food since she arrived. Was she planning on starving her? Not long after, the door cell opened. A crew member with tired eyes entered the cell. They brought a bag full of food and advised her not to eat it all at once as they were not going to deliver food every day. Elias got up from her spot; she tried her best not to have the chains make a giant noise. She grabbed the heavy bag of food and looked inside. In the bag were many bottles of water and packaged meals that only needed water. Considering the words of the crew member, she did not eat anything. She decided to save it for later. Elias just sat there; her hunger was growing. It was pretty uneventful until the Ocean Reaper entered the room. "So, about that offer from yesterday? Have you reconsidered it. It doesn't even matter; you have to face the consequences anyway. " She spoke in a mocking tone. "It's still a no. I am not ordering my own son's execution." Elias said. It was the only thing she could say in confidence. "Shame." The Ocean Reaper said in a disappointing but expecting tone. The Ocean Reaper took out a bag of supplies for their torture sessions. The items were a lighter, metal rod, blindfold, and sewing needles. The Ocean Reaper quickly took out the blindfold and placed it over Elias's eyes. The Ocean Reaper then started to heat up the metal rod she brought with the lighter. She, of course, brought gloves in which she placed on Elias before wrapping the hot metal around her hands. It created makeshift handcuffs with no key. "Try to break out now." The Ocean Reaper said in a serious and curious manner. Elias tried and tried, but the metal was already cooled down enough to not change form again. Elias kept trying until she felt a needle puncture her skin. The feeling was only made worse when she once agian felt blood fall from an area of her body. She could not tell where as she was blindfolded.  The feeling came once again as the needle was pushed into her skin and into her vein, yet agian. Small giggles could be heard as the pain descended upon Elias's broken body, and she knew why. The Ocean Reaper was enjoying this! Sure, she was a ruthless killer. There was no news. However, did she really delight her suffering thus much! Their torture session lasted for hours; the Ocean Reaper laughed through the whole thing. Elias was overjoyed that it ended. She was finally able to move her no longer restricted hands, and her gift of sight was given back. She went to grab the bag of food she was provided with and took out one of the meals and a bottle of water. Elias poured some of the water in and sat it down. She looked at the half full water bottle. She honestly wanted to save it so she could have something to drink, so she closed it and put it back in the bag. The food was not warm, but it was edible, so she simply ate it. She had to eat something, right? After the rather questionable meal, she just leaned against the wall. The cold feel of the wall pressed against her fresh wounds, making them feel simultaneously better and worse. The sound of footsteps stopped around two hours later; Elias assumed that meant the day was coming to an end. Elias struggled to stand and head to the most comfortable place she could reach. She laid down despite it all being metal she found one or two spots of smooth metal. She tried her best to fall asleep quickly, but in her state, it took at least two hours. Honestly, her dreams we're not even an escape. They might have been worse than reality.

Thank you for 100 reads, honestly though this would only het like 50, so this is a dream come true!The next chapter is one of the shorter ones. Hope you enjoy this chapter!