Part Two - Chapter Fourteen: Happy Valentine's Day

Eliana took a deep breath as she rested a hand on her bump, she peeked at the clock and groaned as she realised that her contractions were getting closer; she almost couldn't believe that her baby was on the way. 

It had taken her by surprise when she had woken up from her afternoon nap to find that she was having contractions, she was hoping that Cristiano arrived home from his match against Manchester United before her water broke. 

Eliana wasn't sure what she would do if he missed the birth of their first child because of football, she knew this had been their worry when they had found out the due date since they knew there was a chance that Cristiano might be away playing a match. 

Eliana almost cried in relief as she heard the front door open and close, she had been worried that he might have gone out with his team-mates to celebrate the fact that they had reached the Quarter-finals of the Champions League. 

"Ana why is the hospital bag by the door?" Cristiano called spotting the bag that they had prepared by the front door, he had been sure that he had put it in one of the cupboards; he had put it there himself so it was ready for when Eliana went to labour. 

Eliana smiled softly resting a hand on her stomach as she struggled to her feet, she waddled out of the living room and towards Cristiano who was staring at the floral travel bag still confused. 

Cristiano looked at his fiancée as she appeared, the idea that she was in labour dawned on him and he dropped his training bag; he had never thought that he would come home from a match to find out that his little girl was on her way. 

"Eliana?" Cristiano murmured walking towards her, he wished that she would have called him when this had all started; he would have come home straight away to be with her.

***

Cristiano watched as Georgina checked Eliana over, he was glad that he had come home in time and he wasn't going to be leaving his fiancée's side until their daughter had been born and he knew everything was okay. 

Cristiano sat quietly, it was getting late and he had a feeling that Elsa might make an appearance on Valentine's Day; he couldn't help but think how fitting it was since that was when they had gotten engaged a year ago. 

It was quiet while Georgina checked Eliana over before confirming that everything was running correctly; she left the couple alone claiming that she would be back in a little while to check on Eliana again. 

Eliana looked to Cristiano and smiled, she couldn't believe that this was actually happening and she was sure that things would run perfectly for them; all the tests were positive and it wouldn't be long now until their daughter had been born. 

"I called Jorge. He'll deal with the press if they show up," Cristiano murmured taking Eliana's hand, he pressed a kiss to it knowing that it was only a matter of time until the news leaked to the press that they were in the hospital waiting for their baby to be born. 

Cristiano wasn't looking forward to the moment where everyone knew what was going on, he could only imagine how crazy leaving the hospital would be; he didn't want the press harassing them when their daughter was born.

It was a moment that the couple didn't want to share with the world, they wanted to enjoy this time and they knew that it wasn't going to get any easier; everyone would be dying for a picture of the newborn and any piece of information that they could get on her once she had been born. 

"It'll be okay," Eliana murmured flinching as another contraction hit, she didn't know how long this would last but she hoped that they wouldn't be waiting long before they got to meet their daughter.

***

Cristiano sat speechlessly as a midwife handed him his newborn daughter, he couldn't believe that she was finally here and he couldn't take his eyes off her; she was so beautiful and he never wanted to let her go. 

"She's perfect," Cristiano whispered staring down at Elsa, he couldn't believe that she was in his arms; she was so tiny and he didn't want to let her out of his sight.

Eliana smiled tiredly, she agreed and she was pleased that everything had gone so well and she was hopeful that they had gotten through the hard part; she watched Cristiano with Elsa and she couldn't think of a sight more perfect to her at that moment. 

Cristiano finally looked away from Elsa and kissed his fiancée, he didn't know how to thank her for what she had done; they had a beautiful little girl and he was so proud of Eliana right now. 

"I love you," Cristiano whispered as the midwives made sure that everything was okay with Eliana, he was so happy right now and he hoped that they would be okay; he peeked down at Elsa and knew that he would never let anyone hurt her. 

Eliana smiled as Cristiano brushed away some hair that had stuck itself to her sweaty forehead, she couldn't believe that she had given birth; she had been worried for a moment that she wasn't going to make it. 

"I love you too," Eliana whispered back making Cristiano grin while Georgina gave Eliana the all clear, she smiled at the couple moving to fill out the paper on; Elsa Ana Silva Aveiro had weighed in at 6Ib 9oz and the parents couldn't have been happier. 

Cristiano peeked over at the midwives, he knew that there would be a lot of people waiting to hear that Elsa had been born; he was sure that both Eliana's mother and his entire family were awaiting the call to tell them that Elsa had been born.

"Happy Valentine's Day," Eliana said with a smile, she looked at Cristiano wondering if he had realised that it had gone past midnight; she guessed this was the best Valentine's gift that he had ever gotten. 

Cristiano chuckled kissing Eliana again, he hadn't forgotten and he couldn't think of any better way to celebrate the day than the birth of their daughter. 

"Happy Valentine's Day," Cristiano replied pulling back from Eliana, he watched her shift to get comfortable and he knew that she was tired; he wanted her to rest after all the hard work that she had done. 

Eliana closed her eyes, she knew it was okay for her to sleep now and Cristiano would wake her up if anything was wrong with Elsa; she drifted off and knew that things couldn't have worked out better for them. 

Cristiano watched Eliana go to sleep before he turned his attention to Elsa, he whispered softly to his daughter knowing that he would have to put her down; he got up from his seat and moved over to the hospital cot and settled her down. 

Cristiano stared down at Elsa, she looked even smaller now and he guessed it was going to take some getting used to; he adored her already and he couldn't think of anything that looked so perfect to him. 

An idea formed in Cristiano's mind making him grin, he quickly pulled out his mobile and took Elsa's tiny hand before he took a picture; he looked at it and grinned before he moved to post it on his instagram. 

Cristiano smiled as he tagged the picture there was no better way to describe Elsa and he hoped that this would be the perfect way to announce her birth. 

'Minha pequena princesa,'