[ 13 ] Worst timing

Recap:

"Katerina what are you talking about? You can be with him! Is this Brody? Cause forget what he says" he whines, desperately trying to stop the tears from running down my face.

"It's not that" I whispered using the back of my sleeves to wipe my face and try to put at least some part of myself together.

"Then what is it?....Kat?" He whispered back to me sensing that he had to be delicate in this situation. This was why he was my best friend. He could always tell my emotions, always. Even when we were kids, he just knew what I was thinking and he acted accordingly.

"Kat?" He urged again, placing his hands on my shoulder. I closed my eyes tightly before looking up at him and giving him the answer he was looking for but definitely not expected.

"Because...I'm betrothed"

__________________________________

Chapter 13: 

Katerina's POV:

"Are you Fuc*ing serious?!" Chris raged, clearly not taking the news any better then I did when I found out. I blew out a frustrated breath.

"Chris, you need to calm down" I replied trying to defuse the bomb that was my best friend. His eyes narrowed in on me, fury evident in those glowing orbs.

"Calm Down!!??? I could seriously slap you right now for saying that after dropping that bomb!" He raged, getting up in my face. I knew he would never hit me, but I also knew if he didn't calm down, I would hit him.

"Chris!" I bellowed, allowing some of my beta blood to seep through into the command. He huffed, clenching his fists and slowing calming himself down. He took sharp breaths and finally took a seat next to me

"Who? and why would your dad make you do this?" He questioned, grabbing one of my hands in the process. Damn it.

"Its a long story Chris...you wouldn't understand...if he didn't agree to this, then-" He cut me off by standing suddenly, anger taking over his facial expressions once again

"If he didn't agree...IF HE DIDN'T AGREE, what about you?? Did you agree?? were you even involved in this decision?" I flinched at his questions. Not because he was yelling, but because they got me thinking. Was I even involved in this decision? Clearly I wasn't. I never was. I just had to do what I was told. But he wanted me to give up my mate, this was different. I couldn- wouldn't do that. I felt my own fury building up inside me and for the first time ever, I held hatred and resentment towards my father. If you could even call him that.

From there, it seemed like that wave of hatred grew into full-blown rage. Chris's voice blended into white noise, all I could focus on was the crazy, overwhelming emotions I was feeling. I couldn't control them. I was angry one second and then felt like I was on the verge of tears the next. I didn't understand. I don't think anyone understood. I saw Chris standing above me, looking at me with worry-filled eyes. But I couldn't focus on that, I couldn't focus on anything. Not right now. 

"Kat?" Chris asked softly. I looked him straight in the eye, but couldn't make out how to respond. It was like an out of body experience. I tried to focus on my breathing, but nothing was working. I was having an anxiety attack of some sort and I couldn't for the sake of me, figure out why this was happening.