[ 5 ] Resisting isn't all that easy

A/N so sorry for being so slack updating, only wanna write the best for you !!!

Anyways here we go.
Btw I had to do this on my phone so there might be errors.
_______________________________________________________________

RECAP:

I trudged out of the bathroom, with a towel wrapped tightly around me. I walked towards my closet, slipping on a plain black singlet and some red shorts. I laid down on my bed and sighed about the day I had. Why did life have to be this way?

The slight discomfort that I felt from being away from him and from not properly knowing my mate has gradually increased to a dull ache. Ruby whimpered within me and I felt myself in pain from making my wolf sad. Despite what you think about wolves, she is my other half. Always has and always will be. And when she's upset, I automatically get upset. I understood why she was feeling like this but we couldn't...we....just couldn't.

Dark Moon Pack. He just had to be from that pack as well. Their old Alpha was known to be ruthless from losing his mate and wife. He didn't have a filter, he couldn't feel remorse or empathy. And Ryder being his son couldn't be that far off. Apparently, after a couple of years of his father being Alpha, he started going insane from the loss and he had been endangering his pack. He finally decided to step down and let his son take over, I guess it was just becoming too much for him.

Wait. If the stories are true about the Dark Moon Pack, that would mean that Ryder...is 22. Wait, then why was he at school? Oh he must've been there to enroll some of his pack members. But then why did he stick around? A small part of me hoped it was because of me. I scoffed at my thoughts and shook my head to regain my thoughts. He was an Alpha. My Mate was an Alpha.

Just great.

______________________

Katerina's POV:

One week. It's been a full week since I've seen Ryder. And it's been absolute torture. By day 2 my body felt weak and fatigued. I had little to no energy. I couldn't and didn't want to do anything, so you can imagine me on day 7. And it's a Monday.

Sigh.

As I glance at the horrid image that is myself in the mirror, I can't help by cringe and gasp at the same time at my appearance. There are deep bags under my eyes, my face is extremely pale, but what shocked me most was my eyes. They looked...lifeless. Uninterested. Dead.

I swallowed down the lump in my throat and sighed for the second time this morning an proceeded to get dressed. With the way I was groggily feeling, I didn't realise that I im fact dressed exactly how I felt. I had plain black tights, plain light red shirt and a black zip up hoodie to top it off. I applied minimal make-up to cover up most of the bags under my eyes before I dragged myself down to the kitchen.

Brody was there. Gosh dammit

"Kat?!" He exclaimed looking at my face before dropping his spoon into his cereal bowl.

"What's ....what...are you alright?" He questioned, getting up and walking towards me. I swallowed nervously. All week. I've been able to avoid him when I was feeling my worst and when the pain was...as bearable as it could be, I, as they say, faked it till I made it. I knew he thought something was up but knowingly brother he probably just thought I was pms'ing. All the avoiding was going great...well until now.