[ 14 ] Mine

Recap:

"Kat, I think its time to get you inside" I looked towards Chris, only just realising he was still here. I shut my eyes tightly hoping this was all a dream as reality crashed down on me. I was in heat.

Ryder turned his eyes onto Chris. My heart dropped, I knew exactly what he was about to do. He was about to attack. I tightly shut my eyes and stood in front of Chris, but when I reopened them when piercing pain flooded my system. Ryder was struggling to stand on his own two feet.

And that's when I saw it. One of the men holding my mate had injected something into the side of his neck and I had been feeling the remnants of that sensation.

"What did you do!?" I screamed, desperately trying to shake off Chris's arms.

"What we needed to do" A voice whispered from beside me.

____________________________

Chapter 14:

Katerina's POV:

I stared dumbfounded and confused at the man in front of me. All these years, not a single word since....since...and now, out of nowhere.

"How could you?" I whisper, trying to make sense of the situation. 

"How could I? You know perfectly of the reasons why I had to intervene" My body shook with silent anger. Don't react. I kept whispering to myself. 

"I was... handling it" I lied, grinding my teeth as I forced the words out. He cocked an eyebrow at me, almost mocking me in a way as he stretched his arms, addressing the entire predicament that I was in.

"This is handling it?! THIS IS HANDLING IT?!!," He forces out a breath before swallowing and clenching his fists, almost holding himself back from doing something stupid. 

"I told you what would happen, we already discussed this Katerina!...and don't you dare look at me like i'm the villain, you knew and yet you still did it. You can't make stupid mistakes ! Not when -" He stops himself, becoming aware of all the people and enforcers around. He narrows his eyes at me, stepping close enough for me to basically smell the emotions rolling off him in waves. Anger

"Do you understand what I'm trying to get across to you Katerina?" He speaks slowly, eyes lowered. I fail at hiding my frustration and I make the mistake of rolling my eyes. His arm shoots out to grab onto my arm and I wince, cowering back into myself. 

"I said do you understand!?" He growls out, his eyes changing obsidian. His wolf was out. I bite my lip, looking at the ground defeated before whispering.

"Yes...Alpha" He takes a deep breath before letting my arm go and stalking off. Brody comes bounding up to me, before grabbing me and looking me over, specifically my arm.

"I can't believe he just did that" He says through clinched teeth. I ignore him and my eyes drift over to my mate. He was being dragged away by the enforcers.