Knives and Pens

I didn't think they meant eight this morning... did they? I wasn't sure. Andy would wake me up anyway - my dog that is. Why did I call my dog Andy? Oh yeah, I thought the kid out of Toy Story was hot - I was six don't blame me. Luckily enough no vans came for me during the day and I was haunted during the night by the face of the guy. But I sleep. Too late may I add. I sleep until three and when I go downstairs; hair most probably like a birds nest and my way too big looney tunes t-shirt which most probably had blood on it, I tend to scratch myself in my sleep, there's around six guys standing in the hallway, right in front of the stairs. They look at me - in my state - and laugh. Crystal appears and rolls her eyes at me. 

"Go back up to your room, troll, don't want you to scare away my guests." I suddenly see the decorations in their hands. I raise an eyebrow. 

"You're having a party," I state obviously. 

"One that you're not attending," she says firmly. I turn and go back upstairs. 

"I wasn't going to be able to anyway. I have plans." 

Oh God that felt good to say. 

I pretty much stay up in my room all day, letting Crystal and her little minions get to work, and design tattoos. I like doing it. Actually not like, love. And a secret I've always kept to my parents - I want to be a tattoo artist. But I am never going to be because they think tattoos are revolting. So we'll keep this little hobby to ourselves shall we? By the time it's six, people begin to arrive and I realize I am in desperate need of a shower. So I swiftly take one before anyone ventures upstairs. Running back to my room I lock the door. Music has started playing. The horrible pop stuff that is ever so popular. I tug on my jeans and the hoodie from last night. It smells like the van. Sweaty, make up-y and vanilla-y. It was comforting. I put my phone in my pocket, you know just in case... The clock rolls around to eight and I see their van outside. I thunder down the stairs to hear the doorbell. Crystal opens the door to see the looming figure of Andy. Wow he's tall. He has no make up on and his hair is shorter and straight, but still in that familiar style. He's in black skinny jeans and a grey t-shirt and leather jacket. With the trade mark boots.He sees me and smiles. 

"Hi," he says, ignoring Crystal. He opens his arms, an invitation for a hug. I oblige and linger, taking in the scent of leather and vanilla. I'm torn away by Crystal. She shuts the door in Andy's face. 

"Who the fuck is that?" Her eyes wide. 

"Andy," I say smiling. 

"No way are you going with him." A flash of jealously crosses his eyes. 

"Are you jealous?" I smirk and open the door to a confused, yet smiling Andy and continue down the drive with him. When the van door opens Ashley and Jinxx are there, holding the door open, grinning with no make up. I steal a look back at my sister, whose jaw is hanging off it's hinges as Ashley pulls me in and Andy has his hand on my back, steadying me. 

"Hi Iris, long time no see," Jinxx says, grinning. My eyes open wide at the sight of them and no make up. 

"Jeez you guys look different." 

"Is that a good or a bad thing?" Ashley asks.

"Good. I mean, bad. I mean... I don't know," I blabber on, blushing. Andy puts his hands on my shoulders. 

"You're embarrassing the poor girl," he pauses and pulls a face, "I'm guessing that was your sister?" he asks and I roll my eyes, nodding. "Seems like a lovely girl."

"She's the best," I say sarcastically. Jake suddenly bursts out laughing. Everyone looks at him with a pointed look on their face. 

"Did anyone else see that guy on the roof?" no body repsponds, "No? It was hilarious." 

That made people laugh. There's a silence.

"Where are we going?" I ask. Andy taps the side of his nose. 

"Surprise."

"You could be kidnapping me for all I know," I say pointedly. 

"And would that be a bad thing?" Ashley asks, with a raised eyebrow. 

"Considering that I don't peg you the type for parties..." Jinxx says. 

"Yeah, you practically saved me from being holed up in my room with crappy music blaring all night." 

"Well you're very welcome," Andy replies, grinning. "Better music where we're going." 

It's not long before we arrive, down a back alley. My heart stops at the sight of it. Andy's hand touches my shoulder comfortingly. 

"You're safe with us." He leads me out and in through a door. It's darkly lit and everyone but Andy went into a dressing room labeled 'Black Veil Brides'. He smiles at me. 

"Unless you'd like to be in a dressing room full of four sweaty guys putting on gear, I'm the best company you've got." 

"Hard decision, but I think I'll take you." I pause, "On one condition, you show me how you put your make up on." 

He grins, "You're on. But first." He knocks on the door and says something to CC who in turn hands him a tin and brush, grinning. He turns back to me, "I have to get you all Andy Six-ified." He does the smile on my face. His face very close to my own. All I could see was the look of concentration on his face and his breath, which smelt of mint and tobacco. 

"This is the first time I've worn make up," I say truthfully. 

"Well then, this is an honour." He continues on my eyes and then shrugs me out of my hoodie. I was wearing a navy blue strappy top, thinking I would be keeping my hoodie on. He doesn't seem to notice my uncertainty and starts on my arms. Then he's done. He grins.

"You look great."

"Did I not before?" I clamp my hands over my mouth when I realize what I had just said. "Ignore that question." 

"You always look great, Iris," he says and gives a small wave before going into the changing room. JinXx comes out, in full costume. He sits down by the wall. I follow his lead, avoiding contact with his clown like make up.

"I'm guessing you're scared of this," he gestures towards his face. 

"It reminds me of clowns," I say truthfully and automatically blushing. But to my surprise he laughs. 

"I know, doesn't it?" He continues laughing. "You're the only person who's told me that." 

I put my head on my knees and join in laughing. I just told Jinxx that he reminds me of a clown. How lovely.